• Show
Clear All
  • psjbob
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2007
    • Port St Joe, Florida
    • Delta TS 350

Thanks

This is a nice post it looks like something I can do and is very useful too Thanks again

Comment

• jseklund
      Established Member
      • Aug 2006

Just awesome. Simple, actually looks good (not furniture good- shop great though), appears HIGHLY functional, and seems like an inexpensive solution.

I've been mulling around building a table for my planer and I may steal this design with some modifications. Even with 2X4's I wind up spending about $75 for tables with all the hardware, plywood, etc. Thing is, I have some pieces of plywood that would work just fine- and if I had to buy one more ...well, it's still cheap.

Thanks!
      F#$@ no good piece of S#$% piece of #$@#% #@$#% #$@#$ wood! Dang. - Me woodworking

Comment

• Tom Clark
        Forum Newbie
        • Jul 2007
        • Deming, NM
        • Powermatic 66 w/48" sliding table

Thanks for the kind words.

Thank you everyone for the kind words about the projects I have posted on this forum and about my Practical Shop Cabinets book. You guys make it fun to take the time to run posts about these simple, useful, inexpensive projects. I wrote the book a few years ago because of all the remarks from woodworkers who visited my shop and wanted to be able to build their own cabinets but thought it was just too hard for them to do.

I have caught a lot of flack from some of the "fine woodworking" crowd in my old club - for leaving plywood edges exposed, but the funny thing is that when you get a chance to visit most of their shops, the first thing you see is they all could use some good shop cabinets themselves. Most are so fussy thinking about "proper" woodworking that they never seem to get around to doing anything themselves. Go figure!

I have nearly 24 custom cabinets in my shop, so I will work up another post now and then. This group is such an appreciative audience. I just wish I could get the same reception from some of the articles I have been submitting to the woodworking magazines. Thanks again!

Tom
        Last edited by Tom Clark; 12-15-2007, 08:42 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• lkazista
          Established Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Nazareth, PA, USA.

Rock on Tom!

We may not be the best looking group of folks, but we do have manners. If all it is going to take is some politeness to get you to keep passing the tips and info, then:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Lee

Comment

• kevincan
            Established Member
            • Oct 2006
            • Central Illinois
            • Craftsman 21829

Tom

Thanks for posting your shop cart. I just made one out of 2x4's but you gave me some great ideas on using up some of the plywood I have sitting around.

Thanks also to radhak for posting your web site. I went and ordered your book on Shop Cabinets.

Kevin

Comment

Working...