This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longerirons

dado in bt3

I am trying to set up an 11/16 wide dado in my bt3 but after getting the blade on, I can't lower it all the way down. it hits in the blade channel , or whatever you call it. Also it doesnt look like the dado plate from the kit I bought will work. It looks off set to the one side.
    I know I'm not doing something right. Any ideas.
  • DonHo
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2004
    • Shawnee, OK, USA.
    • Craftsman 21829

Well as for the dado plate not working, you probably just need to remove one of the spacers on the arbor. There are two, a narrow one and the other is wider. I think you would need to remove the narrow one for dado's under 1/2" and the wider one for 1/2" and over.

I think your problem with the dado blade hitting the blade shroud is that you probably have an 8" dado set. Some people seem to get them to work but most use only a 6" dado set on the BT3. 6" is plenty for almost all dado operations. It also might be that once you remove the spacer and the blade is positioned properly it might work without hitting the shroud.

Good luck,
    DonHo
    Don

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Definitely cannot get full use of a dado set in a BT unless it is a 6". You should be able to do practically any dado you want then.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

all about dados compatibility problems, issues etc in the BT3 FAQ.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...