Cyclone Chip Barrel Doubles as Septic Tank?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

I had a plastic bag on the bottom as well but had a hard time getting it back on. Part of that had to do with the fact that my DC was in an attic over my garage and about 5000 degrees during the Summer.

I built a room on the back of my shop to house the cyclone to keep it out of the weather. I don't have a heated garage yet so I haven't crossed that problem. What I will likely do is open the wall between the shop and the cyclone room and put a filter to allow warm air back into the shop. Just a thought at this point. I can tell ya that having it in a seperate room really reduces noise! I also went with 6" to jointer, planer and I split the 6" to (2) 4" at the dual drum sander. I could tell a good bit of difference between the old 4" and the new 6". Moves a lot of air.

Edit: Oh ya, like I said before when you posted your shop layout I LOVE the way to circled the cyclone with the major dust generating machines!

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Morning Jeff..

Give that DC in the attic a pair of "jump wings" and call it Airborne. ha.. ha...

I would like to have seen that. I assume you had stairs an it was a sort of loft or similar. And I know what you mean about hot. I have to go in the attic of my house tomorrow to move some 30" thick insulation back to replace a piece of sheet rock on the ceiling of a bedroom. Not looking forward to it at all.

Oh yeah.. these cyclone boys are loud. I lost about 30% hearing in VN and I started wearing ear protection in the shop. I have the 6" direct to the Uni with a 5.5 HP shop vac puilling the 2 1/2" over-head port on the blade guard shield... Combined with the Uni-saw noise and it isn't the worlds quietest puppy to begin with.

I have a space I could enclose just outside the shop that sits under an over-hang for the break-fast nook up-stairs. I thought about it, but to this point didn't to get the short run with the central location we have discussed. The option is still open, but again I can't hear that well anyway. I don't have houses close around me and am separated by trees so the issue of taking the noise to neighbors is not a factor. But.. I suppose I won't fix it if it sucks your socks off as it does. ha.. ha...

If you do heat the shop.. give the carbon monoxide theory some thought. I read about all those was available on the Pentz site and elsewhere and I was skeptical enough to just put in inside. If I did go outside, I would make sure there is plenty of ventilation and I mean plenty as better safe than sorry as the carbon monoxide can ride the central heat-AC upstairs to where family must exist.

Regards...

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by SARGE..g-47
        Morning Jeff..

If you do heat the shop.. give the carbon monoxide theory some thought. I read about all those was available on the Pentz site and elsewhere and I was skeptical enough to just put in inside. If I did go outside, I would make sure there is plenty of ventilation and I mean plenty as better safe than sorry as the carbon monoxide can ride the central heat-AC upstairs to where family must exist.

Regards...
        Ya, I'll be heating with propane so carbon monoxide is a concern. Luckily my shop is detached so I'll just endanger myself! I guess a carbon monoxide detector would be in order.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Morning Jeff...
          "I'll be heating with propane so carbon monoxide is a concern. Luckily my shop is detached so I'll just endanger myself! I guess a carbon monoxide detector would be in order".... Jeff

First thing I did even before firing up the "clone". Mounted it center shop dead tween the natural gas space heater and the cyclone itself. And keep in mind that "yourself" goes beyond yourself in most cases as you have a responsiblity to stay healthy for your family. I don't know your marital status or if you have children, but I bet there is family that is concerned even if not married.

Back to the shop as I'm one cup of java over the line at this point..

Regards...

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • York, PA, USA.

Here is a photo of what I was talking about. There is a motor at the bottom of the cyclone output that fills up very large containers. This one happens to be at Hearne Hardwood in Oxford PA.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Morning Jeff..

I can't determine if that thing looks more like a silo or one of the early WWII German rockets? I used to see saw-dust piled up that high in mounds at the end of large circular saws on job site at outdoor lumber mills here in Georgia. You didn't have to drive more than 5 mile from one before you saw another.

Sadly there are private homes.. condo's.. apartments.. etc. now where they stood. I miss the rural area I grew up in. I need to find a way to return one of these days soon.

Regards...

Comment

Working...