X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BT3 WOODOG
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2007

"Harbor Freight D/C"

Well opened the back door this morning to let the dog out,and to My surprise there sat a big box! I didn't expect it becouse they said it would ship today 2/23/07. It has been back ordered for a while now. So tonight I put it togather. My shop is in the basement,with low ceiling it has maybe 5" of clearence! Just wanted to share! Later
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

Originally posted by BT3 WOODOG
    ...and to My surprise there sat a big box! I didn't expect it becouse they said it would ship today 2/23/07.
    I got a router plate from HF on Saturday. It was a surprise, too. The tracking site at FedEx indicated they hadn't got it from HF yet!

Good luck with the new DC. I don't want to burst your bubble of euphoria, but it's only started - you've got to get the HF DC Accessory Kit, and whole bunch of pipe. It's a journey, my friend...

JR
    JR

Comment

• lcm1947
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Austin, Texas
      • BT 3100-1

Congrats on the DC. I happen to have the HF myself and am actually pretty darn pleased with it especially for the money I paid. I would suggest you upgrade it however like putting the vane in it and going with a Wynn cartridge filter. Expensive but an excellent filter. I would also go ahead and purchase an extra on/off switch and have it handy. They are cheap by the way. Enjoy.
      May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• BT3 WOODOG
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2007

Yes I seen the up-grade on the Harbor Freight web sit,and plan on doing that later! What do You mean by vane? Later P.S. thanks for the replies Guys!
        Last edited by BT3 WOODOG; 03-01-2007, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• lcm1947
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Austin, Texas
          • BT 3100-1

Do a search using just the word vane and you'll see. Sorry but I don't know to refer you over there like some can do.

Edit: That wasn't very helpful so here is a post about it. Type " hot rodding a HF dust collector " into the search engine to see what I'm talking about.
          Last edited by lcm1947; 03-01-2007, 07:49 PM.
          May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• whitecobra
            Established Member
            • Aug 2006
            • 3 Miles from Disney in Orlando
            • BT3K with most accessories

The upgrades being discussed are NOT at HF the upgrades are for a filter cartridge replacement you get it at Wynn Environmental (costs between 80 and 140 depending on which one you want)
            The vane is based on a design of one of our members
            It forces the air to move around the outside the conical area more and forces it to drop more dust rather then tossing it up in the air and towards the filter side of the machine

Dr D
            Newest site to learn woodworking, DIY and Home Renovation.
            www.onlineshopclass.com built by woodworkers for woodworkers and supported by the industry so everyone wins

If you are in the Orlando area contact me lets get together and talk saw dust (or food or anything else you like except sports)

My wife and I are National Food Judges so we CAN talk food with the best.

Dr Dave

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

HF does have a canister upgrade available.

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

At $170, not real cheap by HF Standards.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• whitecobra
                Established Member
                • Aug 2006
                • 3 Miles from Disney in Orlando
                • BT3K with most accessories

Not cheap and not the same filtration as the Wynn unit

HF is 1 micron and to my understanding no screening

Wynn is 0.5 mics and screened on the inside

HF does have the shaker handle though

Of course if it is screened and someone uses your neutral vane they wont' need the handle since all that is needed is to wait till the unit is shut down and tapping the outside will knock more then enough off to make the filter "clean"

Dr D
                Newest site to learn woodworking, DIY and Home Renovation.
                www.onlineshopclass.com built by woodworkers for woodworkers and supported by the industry so everyone wins

If you are in the Orlando area contact me lets get together and talk saw dust (or food or anything else you like except sports)

My wife and I are National Food Judges so we CAN talk food with the best.

Dr Dave

Comment

Working...