• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mac_daddy
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2006
    • Sugar Land, TX
    • BT3000

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY, my wife was standing over my should when she glanced at those pics. She threatened to kill me if our garage becomes my sole domain.

Comment

• footprintsinconc
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2006
      • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
      • BT3100

how about listing all minor tools ?

Comment

• atgcpaul
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Maryland
        • Grizzly 1023SLX

How do you like the setup you have for your Ryobi miter saw? I think I have
        the same one and am looking to connect it to my dust system. Does the
        round 4" to 2"(?) hose adapter work well or would you want a bigger catch, like
        those dust shrouds if you could?

Thanks, Paul

Comment

• justicefan23
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2007
          • Raleigh, NC
          • Ryobi BT3000

Wonderful Layout!

You surely put a great deal of thought into it. I am converted my "the G word" into a shop and have found it very useful to study the photos that people post of their shops. I've gotten some great ideas. Now if I could only ask for a scaled blueprint of your layout. As organized as you look, there is probably one laying around on that desk of yours. Well done!

Comment

• LinuxRandal
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Independence, MO, USA.
            • bt3100

opinions

Looks like you have a lot of the Rockler bases on your tools, how do you like them?

Are they sturdy enough for the bench?

I've been thinking about those on both the bench and router table, and didn't know of anyone using them. Thanks
            She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• atgcpaul
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2003
              • Maryland
              • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
              Looks like you have a lot of the Rockler bases on your tools, how do you like them?

Are they sturdy enough for the bench?

I've been thinking about those on both the bench and router table, and didn't know of anyone using them. Thanks
              When our lab moved from one building to another, I was in charge of setting
              up benches for some sensitive equipment. In a pinch I ordered several of
              Rockler's benches and bought lab bench tops from another source. I was a
              little worried it would be wobbly, but after tightening the bolts, it was ROCK
              solid. And I'm talking about equipment putting equipment on there that is
              worth in excess of $1million. They are not on casters.

The best way to assemble them was upside down and using a magnetic
              level to get the legs dead on straight.

Paul

Comment

• davehenry
                Forum Newbie
                • Nov 2005
                • Slidell, LA, USA.
                • BT3100-1

To atgepaul:
                The dust collection port on the miter saw is a measly 1 1/4 inch ID. This setup only captures about half of the saw dust with the other half going up in the air. A shroud or hood mounted to the back would catch much more.

To justicefan23:
                Sorry there is no plan as the current layout has morphed over time. Maybe the attached picture will be of some help. I sure there is a better way to lay things out if I just took the time.

To LinuxRandal:
                You are correct and Rockler sends me a Christmas card every year <grin>. There are 3 at 24 x 48 inches and 2 at 24 x 18 inches. All are on locking casters. All tops ore ¾ inch plywood with the shelves and/or sides of ½ inch plywood.
                Attached Files
                "I can't be unhinged -- I already installed them!"

Comment

Working...