• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigsteel15
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Edmonton, AB
    • Ryobi BT3100

My double "garage" is 90% woodshop in the summer.
    I will need to make room for the lawn mower come fall. LOML won't let me replace the 'shed' that I sold to the neighbor to make room for the garage (stupid move, should have fought to just move it over).
    There is no way the car will ever fit and allow me to work in there, so LOML is resigned to parking on the street. When it snows, she won't drive up the alley anyways (the city doesn't clear side roads, nevermind alleys).

I am the worst pack-rat ever. I tend to buy deals and store them to use later.
    She keeps telling me if I'd stop spending money, we could afford a bigger place (read acreage). Of course she's right, but if we had the bigger place then I wouldn't be able to afford to buy more stuff.
    Brian

Welcome to the school of life
    Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

My shop is for everything, and shows it, most of the time. I have managed to get most of the non-home-repair related items out and have gotten my wife to accept that she has the rest of the house and my shop is not a store room.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Ken Massingale
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Liberty, SC, USA.
        • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Warren
        Primarily for woodworking. I do have a bench along one wall on which I work on chain saws, soldering, sharpening spades and hoes, and other tool maintainance. It has oil, grease, and fuel stains on it, but if needed, I cobbled together a plywood cover for when I need extra assembly or finishing space. It is higher than all the benches and other tools in the shop and has a £cubby" so I can sit at it and use it for designing. Generally it is set aside for the misc, stuff a homeowner needs to do.

Actually, now that I think of it, my "wood shop" is really my den. It's fairly warm in winter and I can light a cigar, turn on the stereo, read a book, work on projects or just unwind and contemplate the state of the world. There's only one stool and one coffee cup so visitors don't feel particularly welcome and never overstay their welcome.
        Mine is definitely all Woodshop.

Now, Warren! What the blazes is a £cubby"??? I'm a somewhat ignorant Southern boy and need to know if I need one of these cute sounding thingies.
        Thanks, I think...

Comment

• L. D. Jeffries
          • Dec 2005
          • Russell, NY, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

Well it started out as JUST for WW'ing but as time (10 yrs) slipped by a myrid of other things have gone on in there! Do routine maintenance on my Gator/4 wheeler/lawn mower and other gas guZZling stuff. But as others mentioned, it IS my "get away from it all" place. Some times I just sit in my swivel office chair, prop my feet up and just Do Nuttin'! Well maybe I do drink a little beer in summer and coffee in winter but "quiet" times are a blessing to the mind and soul. Usually can think of a hundred things I should do, but usually I just say to h#ll with it; there's always tommorow!
          RuffSawn
          Nothin' smells better than fresh sawdust!

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • York, PA, USA.

My shop is a detached 2 car garage with a very steep roof which allows tons of overhead storage.
            85% of the shop is woodworking. FIL occupies 10% with riding mower, 2 push mowers and a small tiller. There is also a metal cutting BS and one big freestanding metal bending jack type machine thingy. 5% of floor space is storage racks.
            Attic contains my DC and a ton of mail order crap of my MIL and FIL.

Comment

Working...