• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidtu
    • Apr 2006
    • Seattle, WA
    • BT3100

Craftsman rotating triplet table

OK, I know this cannot be worthwhile... it cannot work... but the idea is so tempting every time one comes up on craigslist I think of getting it just to prove it to myself!

What am I talking about? Those Craftsman worktables that have three surfaces arranged 60 degrees apart on an axle... you mount small bench tools to each surface and then can literally rotate between tools to put the one you want on top. (Hard to describe... but hopefully you've seen one?!)

Anyway, tell me how they don't work... because I want one.
    Never met a bargain I didn't like.
  • Scottydont
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Edmonds, WA, USA.
    • Delta Industrial Hybrid

I see them come up on Craigslist around here too. I think that the max tool height is too limited for my needs. Otherwise nice idea.
    Scott
    "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

Edmonds WA

No coffee, no worky!

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

intrigueing idea - I wonder how easy it is to rotate when the tools are un balanced or you only have 2 tools mounted. Also as scotty has, there are limitations on tool height.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• DonHo
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2004
        • Shawnee, OK, USA.
        • Craftsman 21829

Well I don't know about the craftsman table but Shop Notes had a plan for a rotating tool table(4 tools, complete circle) that several of us were thinking of making. I never made one and don't know if anybody else did or not but I think the idea was workable. The Shop Notes version had storage in the base.

DonHo
        Don

Comment

• fcpjax
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2005
          • Jacksonville, Florida USA.
          • Frankensaw - dual Ryobi BT3000s

Craftsman Rotary Table

Hi,
          I have one of Craftsman Rotary tables and I love it.
          Had to paint it (Stop sign red) because it started to rust which is the same color I painted my BT3K so it goes with my shop color theme of red black and white. Added wheels to make it easy to move around and left one side open for use as an extra table if I need it or for future tools down the road.
          Here are some pictures:
          Attached Files
          Bob Pepple
          Jacksonville, FL

Comment

• scmhogg
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2003
            • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
            • BT3000

David,

I had one that I gave away a couple of years ago. It took up nearly as much room as three separate tool stands. Switching the tools was a PIA. You have to take both side panels [painted black in Bob's picture] out before you can rotated the tools. This means you need at least a foot on either side of the stand to remove them.

I now attach the smaller tools to a board and hang it from home-made one inch pegs on the wall. Scroll Saw, grinder, 1" belt sander, miter slicer, etc.

Steve
            I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...