Clear All
  • ironhat
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
    • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Originally posted by atgcpaul
    Anyway, I haven't heard too much about Wilke. I know it's in York and I'm
    at my folks place in Harrisburg right now so not far away. The shop is still
    several months away so I have time to plan all this out. I'll probably have
    the tools from Grizzly shipped if they'll send it to the house directly. I have
    heard some people need to pick it from the shipping depot. If that's the
    case, I'll use my dad's truck and trailer. He has a cabin about 2 miles from
    the Muncy store so it won't be an extra trip.

We are going to be around Rockville, MD. Harrisburg is 2 hours away. It
    would be less if so many of these roads weren't 55MPH. What's up with that?

Paul
    Give the Wilke store a look-see. You won't be disappointed and it's much closer for your shipping, I would think. As for the speed limit, didn't you notice the terrible roads? You could get killed at 55 let alone 65mph! Actually, MD and PA have reduced speed laws in or near cities. Welcome to the east coast. In MD you won't notice a political change from CA so it should ease the shock.
    Later,
    Chiz
    Blessings,
    Chiz

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by ironhat
      Give the Wilke store a look-see. You won't be disappointed and it's much closer for your shipping, I would think. As for the speed limit, didn't you notice the terrible roads? You could get killed at 55 let alone 65mph! Actually, MD and PA have reduced speed laws in or near cities. Welcome to the east coast. In MD you won't notice a political change from CA so it should ease the shock.
      Later,
      Chiz
      Shipping may be similar to Grizzly. Grizzly seems to get a much better deal than Wilke on shipping, though Wilkes price is based upon zip code and it will be better than some folks in FL that were getting WIlke quotes that were double Grizzly.

As far as speed limits . . . . we just ignore them! Besides in Baltimore and Philly you will be going 15 mph if you are lucky during the heavy times.
      But get on 83, 81 or 76 through PA and you can get your speed fix!

But, no political change between MD and CA >!!>!??!?!>?!!?! Nevermind, we can't discuss politics on BT3!

Comment

• guycox
        Established Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Romulak, VA, USA.

MD Amish Saw Mills

When you get all settled in to the new house in the Peoples Republic of Maryland, drop me an email and I'll tell you where all the Amish sawmills are...
        Guy Cox

Life isn\'t like a box of chocolates...it\'s more like a jar of jalapenos.
        What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.

Comment

• atgcpaul
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2003
          • Maryland
          • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by guycox
          When you get all settled in to the new house in the Peoples Republic of Maryland, drop me an email and I'll tell you where all the Amish sawmills are...

Thanks. The thing that kills me is my parents moved to Harrisburg this
          summer from Lancaster. Now they're only 2 hours away--not a problem.
          But the Lancaster area was where all the good wood I found online was!
          Oh the burden....

Thanks for the offer. Will do. I can't believe my closest Rockler is in
          Pittsburgh. There is a Woodcraft in Harrisburg but I still liked Rockler
          better. Now I have to plan my woodworking activities better.

Paul

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by atgcpaul
            Thanks. The thing that kills me is my parents moved to Harrisburg this
            summer from Lancaster. Now they're only 2 hours away--not a problem.
            But the Lancaster area was where all the good wood I found online was!
            Oh the burden....

Thanks for the offer. Will do. I can't believe my closest Rockler is in
            Pittsburgh. There is a Woodcraft in Harrisburg but I still liked Rockler
            better. Now I have to plan my woodworking activities better.

Paul
            Try these on for size :
            http://www.innernet.net/galleryofwood/pricelist.htm
            West of H'burg. Russianwolf drives from WV to this place. Prices are nuts.
            Woodcraft IN H'burg is small and kind of suckie.

Comment

Working...