• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rounder
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2003
    • Sanford, FL, USA.
    • BT3100

Okay, I swore to myself that I would not get into this agrument, but need to point out some things.

1. The "castle doctrine" deals with the home and also the duty to retreat or not retreat before using deadly force.

2. Florida has always recognize the equal force doctrine. If the bad guy pulls a feather, you may not pull out your S&W Model 29 and "make his day."

3. Florida also recognizes the right of a person to use deadly force against a forceable felony. If there is a mad man running towards your house with explosives strapped to his body and finger on the switch, you do not have to wait till he blows up the house before you punch his ticket.

4. Depending on where the detached property is may or may not make a difference. What is the curtalige is what is the key.

5. Nothing in my shop is worth shooting someone over. You may be acquitted criminally for the act, but may pay thru the nose for the civil case. You do not get a free attorney for civil cases. So balance the cost of the attorney with the cost of the contents of the shop.

6. Finally, for the cases involving using deadly force in the law books, it usually means the citizen lost at trial, went to jail, and had the appellate court over turn their conviction. It usually takes 12 to 18 months to get a district court of appeals to rule on a case. Most of that time, you may be in jail.

These are my opinions and not legal advice. Laws in your state may be very different.

(Criminal defense attorney 12 years, certified firearms instructor, CWP qualifier)
    George AKA Rounder

"Amarillo Slim, the greatist proposition gambler of all time held to his father's maxim; You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."

Comment

• jnesmith
      • Jan 2003
      • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Back to the lighter side.

I was skimming down the list of thread topics, and when I came across this one, I thought it read: "Alarm for Outhouse".

Now that is a funny thought.
      John

Comment

Working...