• Show
Clear All
  • Chris_B
    Established Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Cupertino, CA

Cyclone Noise?

Hi folks -

I am planning to install a ClearVue cyclone in my garage which I will vent outside. Fortunately the weather in my area is temperate, so I don't have to deal with filters.

However, one of my concerns is the noise level that external venting will create for my neighbors. I have a habit of working very late, and would prefer not to keep the neighborhood awake.

I have seen the various plans for mufflers, and know that PSI (among others) sell pre-made versions. Qualitatively, how loud is the cyclone output? Comparable to a ShopVac, lawn mower, wailing baby...

Also, how frequently (if ever) do you need to service the mufflers? The output from the ClearVue is so clean that I am hoping the answer is "never"!

Thanks,

Chris
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

you do realize that your shop will be sucking in 1200 or whatever cfm from the outside air as a result...
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Chris_B
      Established Member
      • Apr 2006
      • Cupertino, CA

Originally posted by LCHIEN
      you do realize that your shop will be sucking in 1200 or whatever cfm from the outside air as a result...
      Yes. "Whatever" will probably be closer to 1500 cfm, but fortunately it is rarely very cold in our area. That is why the mortgage payments are so high...

Comment

Working...