X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scoly
    Established Member
    • Jun 2003
    • Lubbock, Texas, USA.

Both should work fine. Most believe that the hf dc is overrated hp. Call and ask or give one a try. Think you will be satisfied and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
    Steve
    It\'s the combined experience of the members on this board that make it such a great place.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

quote:Originally posted by MilDoc

Both the Woodstock and Grizzly remotes say will handle up to 1.5 HP. My HF DC is listed as 2HP and I know it can draw a lot of amps at startup. Will either unit work on it?
      Generally switching devices rated for motors will list HP instread of watts. When listed for HP they are usually designed to handle the startup surge of a motor. Watch out for remotes that say
      1500 watts resistive or 1200 watts lighting - they are usually not designed for large surge currents and won't last long with a large motor.

as for the 2HP HF DC, mine draws 14+ A running with a open port. When presented with a length of hose and some tool outlets it will drop as the air resistance increases. Anyway, 2 HP = ~14 Amps.

I'm not currently using a remote with mine.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• gjbivin
        Established Member
        • Jan 2005
        • Gilbert, AZ, USA.
        • BT3100

1 HP = 745.699872 watts = 6.8 amps @ 110V.
        This assumes that the "horsepower" given is the same as the standard.
        Gary J. Bivin
        Gilbert, AZ

Comment

Working...