• Show
Clear All
  • axio
    Established Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Castro Valley, CA, USA.
    • BT3100-1

The Opposite of Rod's Shop

Hi Guys, this is it... it's a two-car tandem garage in a townhouse/condo community. No driveway, so the Prelude sits in it while the fiance's Accord sits outside on the street LOL! You can see it's pretty small, but I've managed to fit a few things in there...

That workbench is just a slab of prelaminated pine from HD reinforced with some 2X4's I attached, slapped onto a pair of sawhorses for the easy fold-up storage, plus it's actually quite heavy (at least for a weakling like me). There's a Husky air compressor, the BT with the Sharkguard, garbage can and recylcing can since the HOA requires this as kept inside, a Ryobi router table, a HF drill press, a bunch of car tools, a few posters, Ridgid shopvac, aluminum low-profile racing jack, and this tall giant jig I made to accomadate the shop vac's use as an overhead DC for the Sharkguard.

• LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

now you just need a shop vac to replace that dust bag...
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• axio
      Established Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Castro Valley, CA, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Haha, good observation. That bag is so ugly and ineffective...

Until I get a second shopvac, it'll have to do. The overhead DC jig I use in conjunction with the ZCTP and the Sharkguard and my current small Ridgid shopvac do ok so far...

Comment

• Ken Weaver
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2004
        • Clemson, SC, USA
        • Rigid TS3650

What ever works Axio - ya go with what ya got!! You can get a lot done in there!
        Ken Weaver
        Clemson, SC

"A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something!

Comment

• DonHo
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2004
          • Shawnee, OK, USA.
          • Craftsman 21829

Well the bag isn't as effective as a shopvac or dust collection unit but just try taking it off when you make a cut. It actually catches quite a bit of sawdust. I don't use mine since I got the shopvac setup but I was glad to have it before.

DonHo
          Don

Comment

• monte
            Forum Windbag
            • Dec 2002
            • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
            • GI 50-185M

Nice shop Axio. Plenty of room!
            Monte (another darksider)
            Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

Comment

• Mainemarc
              • Nov 2003
              • Portland, ME, USA.

quote:Originally posted by axio

No driveway, so the Prelude sits in it while the fiance's Accord sits outside on the street LOL!
              (AND the Jessica Simpson poster. How does he do it?????

quote:Originally posted by axio

. . . and this tall giant jig I made to accomadate the shop vac's use as an overhead DC for the Sharkguard.
              His first homemade shop fixture and he's already got a Shark Guard. Somebody send that boy his toaster oven AND shower radio/CD player.

I remember you talking about the work you did on your Honda, so the prominent place your Prelude occupies and the low profile aluminum racing jack come as no surprise.

Likewise your elegant BT3100 handle solution.

Thanks for the gratuitous pictures of the hand planes, Axio. How are your sharpening skills coming? How well your hand planes perform is the acid test for honing a keen edge. You will note that I am resisting the urge to chastise you for not resting them on their side because I know it's perfectly ok if the cutting iron is fully retracted (Rod...?Hoover....?)

And finally, I see the chess table makes it's first appearance. More pictures and commentary, please!

Marc

Comment

• mater
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2004
                • SC, USA.

Looks like you have it pretty well organized. The Jessica poster adds a nice touch.
                Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• ejs1097
                  Established Member
                  • Mar 2005
                  • Pittsburgh, PA, USA.

quote:Originally posted by mater

Looks like you have it pretty well organized. The Jessica poster adds a nice touch.
                  Any shop is better then none, I like what you've been able to do. unfortunately you've cut the top of Jesica's head on the close up. You must have pretty good focus to work with her staring at you.
                  Eric
                  Be Kind Online

Comment

Working...