This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilDoc

AFD Installation???

After working with some walnut and seeing the fine dust created that evn DC didn't stop from settling everywhere, I bough a JDS 750ER air filter. It will be mounted along the long wall, 10' up. But my shop also has a window AC unit. Nagyszalanczy's book on dust control advises to make sure the air exhaust from the AC doesn't run "counter" to the flow of exhausted air from the AFD. I planned to mount it this way ---

My planer, jointer, sander are under the AFD, pulled out into the shop for use.

Does this seem correct?
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

yeah, moreover you want to direct the AC output to the right in your drawing, that way the air will circulate clockwise and the airborne dust from the tools will first pass the Air cleaner and then cleaned air will be sucked into the Air Cond from the right.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• MilDoc

Well, finally got it up and running. First circuit board blew after 1st day. JDS sent a replacement after 2 emails (13 days wait). Easy to install but no instructions sent (would help those who are unfamiliar with electronics). Installed it in the shop as per the figure above, but only 6' from the floor.

Worked like a charm, Loring, as per your suggestion.

Tested with a 30 second smoke candle. I could see the air flow mostly heading straight for the AFD. Within 12 minutes, on high setting, the shop was smoke free.

So - as to the unit, I'd give it a 9/10, just because it failed so quickly. We'll see what happens from now on.

Customer service - 4/10. Took 2 emails to get a replacement, and no instruction sheet. Guess that saved them a tenth of a cent.

Comment

Working...