Sticker Shock?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 1362
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

    #1

    Sticker Shock?


    Jim Frye
    I stopped into the local hardware store today to pick up a gallon of mineral spirits and had a bit of a shock. The price had gone up since the last gallon. Two years ago, it was $14.99. Today the same brand of the same product was $21.99. The store owner said the Ohio EPA passed a law requiring a substitute version for the traditional MS and the price for regular MS jumped. He said customer feedback to him was that the new stuff was worthless.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0103.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	863637
    Last edited by Jim Frye; 09-08-2026, 03:46 PM.
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    I've gone out to look for myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • 2812
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

    #2
    Isn't everything we buy today significantly higher?

    CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

    Comment

    • leehljp
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • 8803
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

      #3
      I feel sticker shock at most things now. I ran into the sticker shock for mineral spirits last year. And yes, I tried a quart of the makeshift mineral spirits too, and did not like it. After that I bought a quart of regular MS at about $10 for a quart!
      Hank Lee

      Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

      Comment

      • LCHIEN
        Super Moderator
        • Dec 2002
        • 22085
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

        #4
        Oil prices just topped $100 per barrel. Not going to help.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	51
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	863649
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

        Comment

        Working...