My camper build pending, and shifting gears...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

So Home Depot is a bust, but my local Lowes has 2ft x 4ft 1/4" sanded plywood, most likely pine. I can work with that. Going to lay out my arrangment on paper first so I can sketch out my hole placement and then get after it...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Still need to get to Lowes and get that plywood, have errands to run today will grab it on the way home if my brain functions enough to allow me to remember it.

Got the Master sheet from Crutchfield on how to replace the OE stereo with the new infotainment system head unit. Will tackle that job during some leave time this month.

My extended bars for my bear crawl are allegedly en route, will be putting the mobile base and sander together shortly. Thus I will be putting my countertops together shortly after that.

Did some orgainzing yesterday, removed / replaced stuff that simply did not function I.E. defective water pump replaced with warranty replacement and tested, works great, got my shoes wet... Dummy... Swapping the large smokeless firepit for a folding flat pack design fire pit. I prefer the smokeless for usability, and a more thorough burn leaving nothing but a little bit of ash, but it sucks up a lot of space.

So for now on the woodworking side of things for the camper I have the following targets to aim for.

- Replace the crumbling MDF counter tops with Pecan & walnut butcher block counter tops, still keeping it at 3/4" though, don't want to add weight.
      - Replace / re-engineered magazine rack as electrical control and output panel, wire it all up.
      - Replace stowage cabinet doors that are swollen and crumbing MDF with TBD. Might end up being Pecan & Walnut butcher block, might not...
      - Reinforce crumbling lower edge of cabinet hinge mounting surface and yes it is MDF.
      - Redesign kitchen cabinet for more organized storage, or not. Seems to work well now to hold the hot water system and all of its accessories.

The van goes back to my local mechanic in January, and a couple months down the road as the heat picks up here in TX, going to take it to AJs 4x4 vans in Oregon for a 4wd conversion and new transmission. We are working final costs out for what I want, but it is very reasonable considering what I am having done, it is an insane amount considering the age of the van. I am looking at it this way. I have replacement value insurance on it and can get an independent adjuster in should something happen and they try to rip me off, and I fully intend on using this van as my moving forward and into retirement camper / travel van...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

So the gasoline heater came in, and the controller is not only considerably smaller than the Chinese Diesel heater I had planned on using, it is also a surface mount.

Still haven't gone to Lowes.

Went and pulled the class 2 receiver hitch, and realized my back is still seriously unhappy, so did NOT install the class 4 hitch today. I think I need a hand with this. It is easily double the size and quadruple the ackwardness of the class 2...

Spent some time cleaning and organizing in the shop, getting ready to prep material for the countertop build.

The brain damaged me keeps looking at the stack of pallet wood and thinking, why do I want plywood?...

Oh well, another day, another couple of steps forward...

Comment

Working...