Another flipper being considered. Jointer fix.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Another flipper being considered. Jointer fix.

For those that have been following, you know I am not super happy with the way flip top stand #1 came out. I mean it works, but the flip action isn't super square and all...

I have been debating making another one of these 2x4 based flip top stands as they are fast and easy builds.

The key deciding factor has been if I need to replace my old Sunhill 6" benchtop jointer. The problem has been replacement knives. I have found that replacement knives are available for my old Sunhill for a variety of different models, so longevity of the jointer, and in turn the flip top stand is no longer in question. Sooooo......

I am thinking of doing the following...

#1. Strip the axle, and casters from flip top stand #1.
    #2. Move Ryobi AP1301 planer to flip top stand #2.
    #3. Strip down stand #1 base so that I at least can get cross braces / caster pads.
    #4. Source up remaining materials, build new stand. Insuring whatever materials I can repurpose.
    #4a. Double and triple check the quality of my joinery. I am VERY unhappy with my current half laps and to redo them right.
    #4b. Make sure all sub components are nice and square. I am going to double check the first platform, make sure the axle is square. I suspect the sides are where the issue is.

Thank God I bought the Hunter Green paint by the gallon...
    Last edited by dbhost; 03-06-2022, 08:27 PM.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...