Too many projects #2. This one in the shop.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Too many projects #2. This one in the shop.

My wife accepted on my behalf a mess of pull out drawers. You see my sister in laws house flooded in Hurricane Harvey, and while the bottoms of the cabinets got trashed, the drawers were all in perfect shape. These drawers aren't anything special aside from the fact that the cabinets, and drawers are solid wood, White oak I believe, and were made in my wifes and my birth year. I am now desiging a heavy 4x4 based lathe stand to feature at least 4 of these drawers. 2 of the full length drawers, and 2 of the half length drawers. I will fit these with divided compartments for my turning tools and accessories. And a bottom compartment that will be filled with concrete ballast. This will house my HF 12x36 lathe and get rid of the lousy OEM stand...

I am at the measurements phase, but with that in mind, I have the 4x4 stock as well as a mess of 2x4s at the ready. This isn't meant to be a looker, but a good working project...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...