• Show
Clear All
  • Two Much
    Established Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Long Island, NY
    • (two) Ryobe BT-3's

Bench slat replacement.

The other thread about the bench slats inspired me to post this. I didn't want to hyjack that thread, anyhow
    so here is what we did. ( we did it at least 5 years ago) We have two of these benches.
    They both had metal floral backs.
    Both benches were sagging and looked real tired.

We bought 5/4 pressure treated wood 6" wide. The head guy ripped them in half.
    He reinforced the seat part with extra metal strips. On one of the benches, I said, if we
    slat the back, we then could use the metal back for a table top for my potted herbs.
    ...and that's what he did.
    The little table next to the bench was another yard sale find. (several years ago)
    It didn't have a top so he made
    one out of cedar...Looking at it now, I think I want to do it over so that it's a square top.

We haven't done much woodworking stuff in the last couple of years...but I did finally
    talk the head guy to re-do our outdoor wet bar using 98% recycled cedar from our
    old ugly wet bar... We completed the wet bar this past July. It turned out real nice,

• twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

The bench looks really nice. My wife wants me to build a bench for my daughter's upcoming wedding and refurbishing one of those might be an option, assuming I can find one.
    Chr's

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

What's old is new again. Looks good. And now you have 3 usable items instead of 2.

Comment

Working...