• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Bass Players Pedal board.

So I finished up my pedal board for my effects and tuner pedals. Mine isn't that big, and honestly, I made some mistakes with the build, but here it is in all its matte black glory!

Construction is 1/2" reclaimed plywood that was from Hurricane Ike wreckage (Still going through that stuff). It is butt jointed, glued, and screwed. The finish is matte black high temp barbecue paint (I had it, and I didn't want gloss as this will be on stage so it needed to kind of hide...)

It helps me arrange my cables to where I am not kicking them when I try to activate to deactivate an effect, or use the tuner.

I managed to somwhere between Sketchup, and actually building mess things up. They are...

#1. Length across the top, is 2" too long.
    #2. Width side to side is ~ 6" too wide. Particularly since I am considering putting the Snark tuner onto a board for guitar.

I can live with the too long across the top thing, although it means I have the slats toward the back spaced WAY differently than I had designed. And the width, that is the problem. Especially since after I started using the big red effects pedal, realized it had a VERY good tuner built in to it.

So long story short, I will be building another one, and getting a proper can of matte black latex mixed up for that one!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • BadeMillsap
    • Dec 2005
    • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
    • Grizzly G1023SL

Beats tripping over the cables all over the floor! (Been there done that) ... What kind of music?
    "Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
    Bade Millsap
    Bulverde, Texas
    => Bade's Personal Web Log
    => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by BadeMillsap
      Beats tripping over the cables all over the floor! (Been there done that) ... What kind of music?
      Mostly contemporary P&W, and Blues Rock. (Think ZZ Top).

Actually it is pretty cool, I have all cables to the amp in one bundle, and then one power cable from board to power source... Nice and tidy...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Uh oh... I managed to get addicted to a new-ish training tool. Called Rocksmith 2014. They have a Bass Trainning module, been going through an assortment of songs that I have wanted to learn for a LONG time. I have a couple of Def Leppard tunes down, Pour Some Sugar On Me, and Hysteria, and a couple of Ratt tunes, Round and Round, and Back for More...

It's sounding like MTVs Headbangers Ball from 1985 in my house these days, but not using the pedalboard to get there!

Comment

Working...