• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Camera Jib / Crane in progress...

I have been wanting to work with a Camera Jib, and other special equipment for more advanced videography for some video work I have been doing with some friends. We are on a bit of a budget, and so we were searching for solutions... I found a great idea on Youtube that I am running with...

https://youtu.be/QkW1etZb2eo

To solve the counterweight probem, I am going to cap the Tee with a 1" x 3/4" bushing, and grind out the flare end on the inside of the bushing so a 3/4" PVC will slide through with some friction. I can attach a barbell weight to act as a counter balance...

I have the part with the pool skimmer poles done, now I am starting on the wood parts. First things first, I am doing mine as a plywood glue up as I have it, and it makes the right thickness I need...

Sadly the guy that came up with this didn't give dimensions. I think I need to redo mine looking at his work, this was supposed to be my upright part. I think I need more space to push my casters / poles apart.

While I don't have one yet, the eventual goal is to mate this all to a GoPro Hero 4 camera, or, well honestly ANY water resistant camera that can do both 1080i AND has an external mic in port. It also has to be pretty rugged and take some abuse in environmental and abuse factors as I will be using this around the shop, at the beach, on hunting trips etc... I am open for affordable suggestions!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...