• Show
Clear All
  • Hockeynut
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2013
    • Fort Wayne, Indiana
    • BT 3000

Outfeed table for bt 3000

I want to build a outfeed table for my bt3000. I don't want to spend a bunch of money for the Ryobi which can be found on Ebay. I would like it to attach to the tablesaw somehow.Any suggestions??
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

Welcome to the forum!

If you do a search on outfeed tables in this forum, you'll find many great designs. Mine is a quick but usable solution I made from half a door, as others have also done. Its served me well for several years now. Attached to back rail with T-nut hardware, supported by roller stand.
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

I made a really simple outfeed table using an old refrigerator shelf. Simple to make, and easy to setup and remove. The wire grate of the refrig table also makes for a smooth surface for sliding stock.

I only use this for short pieces, prefering to use a roller stand for long stock.

Here's a link: http://www.bt3central.com/showthread...=outfeed+table

I hope this helps,

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• mpc
        • Feb 2005
        • Cypress, CA, USA.
        • BT3000 orig 13amp model

The rails on BT3 series saws will accept "T-nuts" for attaching items. The T-nut tracks in the rails though happen to match the 1" flat metal bar stock sold at home centers... A couple feet of that screwed to a 3/4" or so square hardwood, then slipped into the underside of the rail, gives you something you can attach a table to. I welded some metal bits together to make my setup but that's not necessary. Leave an inch or two between your outfeed table and the rail so the BT3 rip fence will clear, just have a "U" shaped section that attaches the bottom of your outfeed table to the rail.

Pics of my setup are at MPC infeed and outfeed tables One of the pics shows the 1" metal bar, a square-tube section welded to it (what you could replace with a hardwood piece), and another metal "ear" that forms the bottom of the "U" I tried to describe. The rest of the "U" is on the hinged portion of the tables. Because the hinge reduces the total strength of the assembly, I designed my tables to sit on the top of the BT3 rails when unfolded; the hinges are used to store everything.

mpc

Comment

• Hockeynut
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2013
          • Fort Wayne, Indiana
          • BT 3000

Thanks for the welcome Bill, and thanks for the others for the quick response. Funny thing I have owned my Bt3000 since 1993 or so. This thing has made it through a divorce, four moves, etc. now that I am building new kitchen drawers, drawer face fronts, cabinet doors I will use this more than ever.

Comment

• lrr
            Established Member
            • Apr 2006
            • Fort Collins, Colorado
            • Ryobi BT-3100

I bought a Festool track saw a month ago, right after I finished the workbench for it. I had decided that the Festool MFT/3 worktable was too small for me (it really is designed to be portable, and I wanted a bigger stationary table). I built my own workbench. The MFT/3 top has 20mm holes in it, in a precise grid, so I CNC-machined my own top. The frame is "high quality" 4X4 and 2X4 lumber. (Seriously, though, I went to a quality building supply store/lumberyard, rather than digging thru mountains of warped lumber at the big box stores.)

My other major goal for my new workbench was that it double as an outfeed table for my BT3100. The two are not joined, and it works just fine. I had lived with roller stands previously, and I was always moving and adjusting them. Nothing can compare to having a huge, stable outfeed table. The bench as shown still needs a vise added, and I plan to add some storage below it. After using it for about a month, I cannot imagine not having an outfeed table after using one.

I plan to build a rolling cart for my planer, so I can roll it to the opposite end and use this bench as its outfeed table.
            Attached Files
            Lee

Comment

Working...