Stuck on a rustic headboard design. Need help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Stuck on a rustic headboard design. Need help!

I am trying to figure out a way to build a rustic headboard for use in my guest bedroom. We have a plain old steel roller frame with a queen memory foam sleep set, the motif of the room, and honestly, most of our home, is Texas Rustic...

Not looking for joinery ideas here, I am leaning very heavily toward simple dowelled joints, they have worked wonders for me, and give the look I am wanting. What I am looking to figure out, is what to do with the tops of the posts. They look wrong to me. Like I need to add something. Actually along the whole top of the thing.

Anyway, here is the Sketchup link.

Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

How about mitered pyramid caps?
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• JR
      The Full Monte
      • Feb 2004
      • Eugene, OR
      • BT3000

Fence post caps? Link
      JR

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

That is a little bit better...

Wondering if fluting the posts / cross beam would give me what it is looking for...

Come to think of it, it IS rustic, maybe some antiqued coat hooks?
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• jking
          • May 2003
          • Des Moines, IA.
          • BT3100

What are you going to make the Texas star from? Just an idea, but, you can buy copper fence post caps. I don't know if using copper for both the caps & the star would give you the look you want.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

The star is a commodity item pretty much found in just about any Grocery, craft, or garden store near me... They are typically painted steel, or antiqued brass.

The one I had in mind is painted steel, more or less to look like antiqued bronze. I could use steel post caps and paint to get the same finish pretty easily. Not like the faux finish is hard to duplicate...

The particular star I had in mind has a total diameter of 18", with a 1" ring band, with the words "State of Texas Est 1845" flame cut around the ring.

I think I am getting closer. As I initially typed this, I remembered I had 2 small 2" painted Texas stars I have been keeping around for a patio cooler project that can be used for this project.

And of course the Sketchup link.

Comment

Working...