• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

Looking good Willy. I bet that dentil took awhile to hog out! Have you picked a profile yet for the baseboard?
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• Sweet Willy
      Established Member
      • May 2011
      • Near Chattanooga, TN
      • ridgid 3650

Not really Chop. It's going to something simple and definitely one of the router bits I already own. As for the dental mouldings, I made a jig exactly like you would make for box joints for a table saw except it didn't have to be 100% accurate since nothing was going to interlock. Then it was just a rather boring matter of hogging out but with only one pass for each slot.
      In my old age I look back and realize how lucky I was to live in a time when common sense was common.
      Dennis

Sweet Willy
      sigpic

Comment

• chopnhack
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • Florida
        • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Sweet Willy
        . As for the dental mouldings, I made a jig exactly like you would make for box joints for a table saw except it didn't have to be 100% accurate since nothing was going to interlock. Then it was just a rather boring matter of hogging out but with only one pass for each slot.
        Boring, but fast! Imagine hand cutting and chiseling that out!
        I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• ironhat
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2004
          • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
          • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

When I look at this (and the other pic) I get the feel of a turn of the century hunting club in the Black Forest of Germany, no kidding! Very nice, SW, very nice!

This thread should have been in the 'Finished Projects' heading and should have been moved by whoever does that sort of thing. I only looked here to see what others were working on and saw this right off the bat.
          Blessings,
          Chiz

Comment

Working...