Clear All
  • 4estgump
    Established Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
    • Ryobi BT3000

Designated Spray, Stain, And Paint Room

Hi, All

Old 4est needs some help & suggestions. I have an extra 10' x 10' space in my basement off my shop. What i am thinking about doing is making a room for finishing my projects. There are times when i put the finish coat on, when i go back their may be fuzzies, plain dust, or something in the finish.

My question is do any of you have this type of room? Next is, what would be the best way to ventilate this area to pull all the particles out?
    Any thoughts or suggestions will be very helpful.
    Thank You 4est
  • Shep
    • Nov 2008
    • Columbus, OH
    • Hitachi C10FL

An extra 100 sq feet? I'm jealous.
    -Justin

shepardwoodworking.webs.com

...you can thank me later.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

What is this extra space thing you speak of?

Okay seriously though... You are obviously going to want to ventilate that, preferably pulling through some sort of HEPA filter if you can...

My BIL has an auto body shop, their paint booth is tacked clean prior to spraying. The booth has an inlet for fresh air, which pulls through what is effectively a stack of 3 Filtrete filters, from the basic one, to the Allergen, to the Ultra fine one, Exhaust is the same, but is pulled out via a fan with an explosion proof motor.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

The intent is to turn the curent Playpen into a finishing room if the big shop ever gets built. Filtration plans are pretty much what db said. I will add a hood outside of the exhaust fan to direct anything that makes it past the inside filters toward the ground through a final filter.

In your case, you may want to vent the exhaust to the outside.

Another thing to consider is lights, lights, and more lights.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

Working...