Clear All
  • oakchas
    Established Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Jefferson City, TN, USA
    • BT3000

Originally posted by jonathan55
    Very nice! Did you make the lamps too?
    Boy, I wish! nah, they're Quoizel brand (not cheap but good lamps). We tried several inexpensive brands that looked similar... But these stuck.

Originally posted by gad5264
    Charles, I am just enamored by the amount of thought you put into the details on this. I just showed this to my girlfriend and she loves it as much as I do.

Had you not told us in your posting that the inserts are slate I am not sure I would have figured out what it was.

Do you have any pictures of the sets ups that you used when you cut all of these dovetails? I'm sure I am not the only one that would like to see it if possible.
    Yes, I have promised the jig set up pix... I'll try to get them posted in the next week or so. I think you'll be amazed at how simple they are.

Thank you everyone, for your nice comments. I really appreciate them. I find it hard to take compliments... Mainly because I always know alll the little mistakes that you can't see in pictures.

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

SUPER! Beautiful! Now that it is finished, maybe you can get back to posting more! Been missing your posts for a while! You did make EXCELLENT use of your time though!
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

Fantastic! The dovetails are great.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• Stytooner
          Roll Tide RIP Lee
          • Dec 2002
          • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
          • BT3100

Originally posted by oakchas
          ... It's not like somebody with no clue saying "that's pretty."

Oh, that's purty!

Good to hear from you, Chas. You absence has been missed. Good to see such a difficult project undertaken though. It really is pleasing to the eye. Even moreso to the eye that knows what kind of thought and hard work went into it.
          I'd venture to say you just increased the property value by $25,000 to $30,000.
          Lee

Comment

• gettools
            Established Member
            • Sep 2006
            • Fort Worth, Texas
            • BT3100

WOW, that is very nice work I really like the dovetails & slate its one of my favorite great color, thanks for sharing, Great Job !!!!!!!
            Mark

A chip on the sholder is a sign of wood further up !!!!

Comment

• aluminumfury
              Forum Newbie
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Stytooner
              Oh, that's purty!

Good to hear from you, Chas. You absence has been missed. Good to see such a difficult project undertaken though. It really is pleasing to the eye. Even moreso to the eye that knows what kind of thought and hard work went into it.

I agree.

Fantastic work!You really did yourself proud.

Comment

• oakchas
                Established Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Jefferson City, TN, USA
                • BT3000

Originally posted by Stytooner
                Oh, that's purty!

Boy, I wish that 25-30 K were true... might have bumped it up a bit... but not that much...

Putting the truss floor in the barn mighta done that though.

Comment

• kgworkman
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jan 2006
                  • Colfax, WA, USA.

Excellent work. Now that it's fixed up, it must be time to move.

Comment

Working...