• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Keenan
    Established Member
    • Apr 2004
    • washington, dc, USA.

BT3100 Free for parts or repair -- Washington, DC

Folks -- after 20 plus years of loyal service the blade height mechanism on my saw jammed and I've decided to replace it. I'd like to give it someone who can use the parts. Basically everything else still works and I have a few goodies. I have a Shark Guard although the plastic is cracked. I have an extra router table insert and a miter slot insert.

I don't want to deal with shipping so I'd rather give it away locally. To contact me, either respond here or nick (at) nickkeenan dot com .
  • Nick Keenan
    Established Member
    • Apr 2004
    • washington, dc, USA.

An update: I've had an inquiry about a specific part. Right now my preference is to give away the whole thing, once I start taking parts off the rest starts being hard to give away. If I don't get any interest in a month or so I'll start giving away parts, watch this space. If I do start parting I will ship if you're willing to pay for shipping.

Also, I'm including the dust collection base that I wrote about in this thread:

This forum is the place to post photos of your completed projects. Please try to limit pictures to 540px wide or less so that is is viewable to all. Off-topic threads in this forum will periodically be purged so as to keep it "clean".

Comment

• Dedpedal
      Established Member
      • Feb 2020
      • Palm Coast Florida
      • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

I wish you were close or planning a vacation in Daytona.

Comment

• Nick Keenan
        Established Member
        • Apr 2004
        • washington, dc, USA.

Saw has been claimed. Thanks everyone.

Comment

• Chuck Smith
          Handtools only
          • Jan 2023

Thanks, again, Nick for passing your BT3100 along to me today. It will have a good home as a backup to my existing BT3100, and the accessories will integrate perfectly with the many others I've been adding to my collection.

Now I have enough items to get my original BT3000 passed along to it's next owner.

Nice meeting you, and good luck getting the rest of your new shop set up. I'll send some photos once mine is done. Maybe post a few here, as well - in case I missed anything along the way?

- Chuck

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Glad to see these passed around where they will do some good among a community of users.

Nice to have Sawdustzone as a home and meeting/sharing place
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...