• Show
Clear All
  • Mike Ward
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2021
    • Albuquerque NM
    • BT3000

BT3000 for sale

I am on my second BT3000. Just ordered shims from a link I found on here and the SMT slides from another find here. I really love this saw and have a chance to buy a lightly used one for $300. Includes Ryobi router and double miter slot options. I want to keep the motor, miter slots, and a few other items. I already have 2 rip and SMT fences. Do you think I part out the rest of it and get my $300 back?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Looking at used parts ads on eBay the owners want (but don't necessarily get) prices like $50 for SMT with miter fences, rip fences, but I don't think I can think of six subparts to sell for $50 each. I see various things sold... blade guard, wrenches and arbor washers and nuts, but I think it will take a lot of luck to get back $300.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• woodturner
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2008
      • Western Pennsylvania
      • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by Mike Ward
      I really love this saw and have a chance to buy a lightly used one for $300. Includes Ryobi router and double miter slot options. I want to keep the motor, miter slots, and a few other items. I already have 2 rip and SMT fences. Do you think I part out the rest of it and get my $300 back?
      In this area they go for $50 to $150 complete in good condition. Mostly a niche market now, most people don't even know what they are, since they have not been made for some years and have not been in the box stores for many years.

Your area could be different on pricing, but it likely has more value as a complete unit than as parts.

If anyone really wants one and is really willing to pay $300, I have one NIB I could share.

--------------------------------------------------
      Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• Mike Ward
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2021
        • Albuquerque NM
        • BT3000

Thanks for the replies. I think I will pass on this one. I see many parts on EBAY at prices that would me to recoup a good part of the $300, but don't know if they are selling at those prices.

Comment

• ballard770
          Established Member
          • Jan 2016
          • Washington State
          • Ryobi BT3000

If the saw is still available, I would jump on it. If you look at Ryobi (bt3000, bt3100) for items for sale you will see the asking price which may be a fixed price
          or a buy ‘it now’ price, or it may be up for bid in and auction. Then look down the list on the left and you can click on ‘closed listings’ and if the $ amount is black it was not sold. If $ in green it was sold and price will show except if best offer was @ccepted. Or look at ‘sold listings’ and see the sold price unless it was best offer accepted.
          you should be able to get:
          sliding miter table. $40-60
          miter gage $50-75
          accessory/router table. $50
          rip fence. $ $60;- 75
          main table. $35
          front and rear rails. $40
          stand $35. May be hard to sell due to shipping for heavy item
          motor guide mount $20
          elevation crank and hardware. $35-50
          blade $25 - 35

Even if you don’t retrieve the total $300 the difference that you don’t get will be the price you paid fir motor and twin track table inserts. If the saw hasn’t sold for the original price, you may be able to offer $150 or $200 a d th3n your potential increases.

good luck

Lee

Comment

• woodturner
            woodturner commented
            Editing a comment
            To determine net proceeds Ebay fees and shipping must also be considered. $60 for an SMT is likely to net $30 or less once fees are paid and the item is shipped, for example.

$300 seems like a high price at this point, with most resales in the $100 to $150 range for complete working saws, and sales of NIB saws in the $200 from the store.
        • Mike Ward
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2021
          • Albuquerque NM
          • BT3000

The seller dropped the price to $250. His ad mentioned he would take a vintage wood plane as part payment. I had an old Pexto plane I was working on restoring and had put aside. I offered him the plane and $200 and he accepted. The SMT is in good shape. The rip fence does not lock on the rear rail, I will get it fixed. It came with a spare belt, SMT sliders, the roller holder and roller and new ends for the miter fence. I installed the double miter slots on my saw today and then cut 18" off the rails and attached them to my rails using 1.25" steel square tubing and some spare T-nuts I had. It worked out great, I now have almost 5' wide table and it seems strong enough it does not need legs. To be determined. It also came with a Ryobi RE1802M router with 3 bases. I am in the process of converting the base to a stand for my sharpening system. I think I can get my money back if I sell the SMT, rip fence and router. I will also have some small parts, the wrenches, arbor nut and spacers, etc. I already have 2 sets of that stuff.

Woodturner, what stores are still selling NIB BT3000s?

I will have to find out how to attach pics and send some.

Comment

• woodturner
            woodturner commented
            Editing a comment
            Sears was selling their variant in the $200 range, but they may be all gone by now. It was actually a better deal than than a couple years ago, if you paid $200 for the saw you got $200 in SYWR points as well.
        • stevemcgee99
          Handtools only
          • Jul 2021
          • Idaho

Originally posted by woodturner

If anyone really wants one and is really willing to pay $300, I have one NIB I could share.
          I’m looking for one.

Comment

• stevemcgee99
            Handtools only
            • Jul 2021
            • Idaho

Found one.

Comment

• TomballTermite
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2022
              • Tomball, Texas
              • Delta 10" contractor table saw

RYOBI BT3000 FOR SALE
              Just bought an upgrade saw (a 10" contractor Delta) and would like to find a good home for my faithful BT3000. Bought it new from a big box store and it's still in good condition (with minor cosmetic issues like a rail end cap missing for instance) with all the various accessories that came with it. Stand is separated from it (and dis-assembled - I made a cabinet for it a while back) so it would need to be re-assembled (all the hardware is there). Would like to get a couple-hundred bucks for it. Anyone looking? I can supply pics and more info if needed. In Tomball and you would need to pick it up...don't want to go to the hassle of listing it on eBay or of shipping it.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                LCHIEN commented
                Editing a comment
                Tomball, TX? Near Houston?
            • TomballTermite
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2022
              • Tomball, Texas
              • Delta 10" contractor table saw

Just to the North...yes!

Comment

• LCHIEN
                LCHIEN commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm just a jaunt down the Grand Parkway to Katy.
            Working...