2 BT3000's 1 Good, other NO IDEA as to condition or why it was stripped.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gbotha
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2017

2 BT3000's 1 Good, other NO IDEA as to condition or why it was stripped.

1 complete, motor runs, raises and lowers fine. 1 Stripped down, motor in pieces. Some internals missing. No stand, side covers missing. All accessories are there, so basically 2 of everything if its parted out. Issue is:- this was donated to a Makerspace, but never used. I accepted it because mine was suffering from shim disease and planned to swap it out, but I got mine working. I am asking for DECENT offers on anything you need bearing in mind we not shipping. Preferably 1 unit goes complete. The accepted offer will be donated to https://wiki.themakerstation.com/Main_Page via their Gumroad account. THE THING IS WE WONT GET INVOLVED IN PACKING AND SHIPPING. You would have to make arrangements for pick up in Marietta, 20m North of Atlanta, or picked up by one of the trucking/shipping apps that truckers and travelers use for extra cash. if they still exist.

countrywoodworking2020@gmail.com

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1937.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.4 KB ID:	840913Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1938.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	840914Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1939.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.0 KB ID:	840915
    Last edited by Gbotha; 10-06-2020, 09:21 AM. Reason: Added email.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Because the motor was taken apart (first photo) It would be a 50/50 guess that the motor was burned out.

I like it when I am able to come across things like this personally. My mind goes to great imaginations on how to use backup tools!
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

I agree with Hank, when you see something torn down to the motor like that the most likely thing is that the motor failed and the guy was trying to see if it could be fixed, it couldn't and was just abandoned in that state.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Mpommier
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2020
        • Nevada, Mo
        • BT3000

If you change your mind on shipping, I'd like to take the rip fence of your hands.

Comment

Working...