Clear All
  • jenielsen
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2004
    • West Michigan
    • BT31000

Aluminum extrusions for BT3X00 fixture blocks

Hello all,
    It's been a long time since I've posted. Many, many years ago I purchased some supplies from T-Nuts.
    When talking with the owner (Rob?), I found out that they had some lengths of the fixture block aluminum extrusions for the BT3X00 that were "seconds" (scratches on them).
    I offered to purchase a few of them as I had ideas on jigs/fixtures, etc.
    Well I came across the package of them and I'll never use all of the extrusions that I bought.
    These are used for the top of the fence, the SMT fence, and in the rails (not sure if they may go elsewhere)

I have two of the extrusions 24" in length - maybe another ~12" one also.
    Any interest in these to make your own fixture blocks, rail extension stiffeners, etc?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6355-1.JPG
Views:	525
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	839106Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6356-1.JPG
Views:	496
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	839107Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6357-1.JPG
Views:	517
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	839108
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

Hi - I might be interested in the 12in segment. How much are you asking to ship to 90620?
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• jenielsen
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2004
      • West Michigan
      • BT31000

Hi Bill,
      I checked and the two shorter segments that I have are 10.25" and 14.25" - I don't recall what I paid for this stuff, but how about $15 for the shorter, $20 for the longer
      The longer segment costs a bit more to ship due to it being over 12" (which for some reason is a milestone as far as USPS shipping dimensions go).
      Let me know which one you would want. Quick shipping estimates are ~$15 for the shorter one and ~$21 for the longer one.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Trying to figure these out.
        Are you saying that if you flip them upside down from the pictures then they will slide into the top slots of the rip fence and SMT fences?
        Presumably you can drill and tap the extrusion for a screw to lock the extrusion to the fence?
        And then you can mount something to the extrusion (or multiple pieces of extrusion with a tapped hole and a screw?

Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jenielsen
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2004
          • West Michigan
          • BT31000

Yes, sir. these were the extrusions that Micropreciis originally made and used for the fixture blocks seen on the T-nuts website (http://t-nuts.com/product_info.php?c...roducts_id=175)
          You can cut the aluminum into any length you want and then drill/tap. As shown on their webpage, you are probably best using some type of nylon tipped screw. I bought some thumbscrews with nylon tips at one point
          You could also use the longer lengths if you had a wide-rip table and wanted some more stiffness at/near the joint.
          I'm going to use the remaining pieces I have to build an outfeed table off the rear rail.

Here some more about the fixture blocks themselves:

I think I saw some photos of how to attach feather boards and fence extensions to the BT3k. Anyone in the forum have suggestions on how to do this without

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2007
            • Buena Park, CA
            • CM 21829

JE - PM sent.
            Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• jenielsen
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2004
              • West Michigan
              • BT31000

Bill - replied, thanks!

Comment

• jenielsen
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2004
                • West Michigan
                • BT31000

Thanks Bill. Hope you get good use out of the piece. Please share with us what you make or use it for

Comment

Working...