X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gasimons
    Handtools only
    • Jul 2016

BT3000 Ryobi Saw System and Stand

I bought the saw new. Very accurate machine -- well satisfied. The threaded aluminum housing that raises the motor and blade is stripped. Couldn't find a replacement part.

So what I did was to dissemble the whole saw with the idea of scrapping the aluminum and steel. Then some one told me of this website.

Bottom line. Make me an offer for the all parts -- it is all there in working condition (except blade raising component), however, it is disassembled.

Can be picked up in Texas between Austin and San Antonio. I have no idea what it would cost to ship.

email inquires to simonsga@nctv.com
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-18-2016, 08:22 PM.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by gasimons
    I bought the saw new. Very accurate machine -- well satisfied. The threaded aluminum housing that raises the motor and blade is stripped. Couldn't find a replacement part.

So what I did was to dissemble the whole saw with the idea of scrapping the aluminum and steel. Then some one told me of this website.

Bottom line. Make me an offer for the all parts -- it is all there in working condition (except blade raising component), however, it is disassembled.

Can be picked up in Texas between Austin and San Antonio. I have no idea what it would cost to ship.

email inquires to simonsga@nctv.com
    FWIW, you can get a thread insert kit to replace the threaded hole in the aluminum housing. You drill an oversized hole into the housing and thread it. Then you screw in a bushing with an external thread matching the hole you made and an internal hole matching the elevation rod... I forget the spec offhand but its around here or in my FAQ.
    If interested I can point you to the exact information. Let me know.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-18-2016, 08:27 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• gasimons
      Handtools only
      • Jul 2016

LCHIEN, Oh how I wish I would have known about the lifting mechanism repair. It would have saved me well over a grand. Replaced the BT3000 with a Grizzly G0715P Hybrid which is an excellent saw, albeit very expensive.

Comment

• JimD
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Lexington, SC.

I bought all the parts to do this but discovered my mechanism was not stripped, the height adjustment just needed lubricated. The elevation handle on my BT3100 cannot exert much torque before it expands around the steel shaft instead of turning it. That makes strip out much less likely. So when I put a little candle wax on the sliding path for the height change, it started working fine again.

Comment

Working...