X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveS
    • May 2003
    • Minneapolis,MN

Wanted: Rip fence and blade adjust/tilt for BT3000

I bought a "it worked before I took it apart" BT3000 at a garage sale. The lock/handle for the rip fence is missing, as is the blade adjust/tilt wheel. Amazingly, everything else is still there and works great.

Anyone have an extra rip fence and/or blade adjust laying around they want to sell?

I am near Minneapolis MN.

- Dave
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

This section is for <b><i><u>individual forum members</b></i></u> to post items for sale or listings for items wanted. Any and all commercial ads will be deleted without warning. Additionally, any off-topic posts like purchase gloats will also be deleted. This section will not be archived.
    Joe

Comment

• DaveS
      • May 2003
      • Minneapolis,MN

Thanks! I saw that... but is it the same as on the BT3000?

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by DaveS
        Yes they are the same physical internals and the 3000 will fit the 3100 and vice-versa. The 3100 wheel is different color and, if I remember correctly maybe a different dimension on the outer diameter. There was something different about it but the internals that are the same. The locking lever is the same also.

There are different orientations that you can install it and it is critical to install it correctly or it will not lock correctly. Here is a thread that deals with the issue. Make sure you go all the way through. The first few posts are not complete.

Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by DaveS
          Yes most of the parts will interchange despite cosmetic differences. the T/E wheel/handle for the BT3100 looks much different than the all black BT3000 wheel due to its blue and yellow plastic construction but it mounts to the same fitting (which is not a standard shaft BTW so its difficult to mount any other handle).

The rip fence will also fit but the indicator cross hair where it lays over the rail/scale may be a little off due to a slight profile change but the rip fence fits and functions OK.

You might find my FAQ helpful (see the sig line below)
          Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-19-2016, 11:55 PM.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...