• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandiego_tim
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2003
    • San Diego, CA, USA.

Wood working large tool sale

Hello there... I was an avid member of this page and forum when I first got into woodworking. BT3Central helped me learn a ton, and I bought most of my tools from recommendations on here or alerts to deals and sales.

Years have passed, a son was born, and now a housing move is imminent. Therefore, I'm selling most of my tool set.

I'm located an hour north of San Diego - a city called Murrieta. Most of the items I'm selling would require local pickup. I can be reached through any of the Craigslist postings.. just be sure to mention BT3Central and I might be a little more willing to negotiate.

All the items are in great shape, and (sadly) hardly used. I am happy to answer any questions or take additional pictures for anyone!

Thanks!
    Tim

10/12/2012: Prices have been adjusted. I hope I can find a new home for these almost new tools.

Ridgid BS1400 Band Saw - now $225 http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/3332613058.html

Ridgid DP1550 Drill Press - now $250 http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/3332614251.html

Delta TP400LS 12.5" Portable Planner - now $125 http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/3332615390.html

Ridgid 6 1/8" Jointer/Planer -- Brand New In Box - now $450 http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/3332616189.html

Herc-u-lift AC9950 Adjustable Frame Caster Set -- Brand New In Box - $40 http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/3332617404.html

Ridgid EB4424 Oscillating/Edge Belt Sander - now $125http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/3332618009.html

Porter Cable 7529 Variable Speed Plunge Router - now $70 http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/3332618827.html
    Last edited by sandiego_tim; 10-12-2012, 01:54 PM. Reason: Pricing changes
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Good luck with your sale, I think you'll need it.

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

A few of your prices seem to be pretty close to "list" and in some cases over "list" if I'm not mistaken. Maybe you should check the current prices at the local HD.

I'm way out here on the east coast, so I'm not in the market; BUT, I do think you're going to have a tough time.

No disrespect intended,

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• JSUPreston
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • Montgomery, AL.
        • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Tim, I'm not sure of the pricing of some of the tools, but I know that I bought the Ridgid sander here in Alabama for $200 earlier this year.

Good luck with the sale. Looking at the picks, it's obvious that you've taken care of the tools. Hopefully the potential buyers will notice that as well.
        "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• sandiego_tim
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2003
          • San Diego, CA, USA.

Thanks for the responses. I guess I had better go back and check the prices and adjust where necessary. I did that on my first pass, and thought I had them priced well. But I trust your feedback and appreciate it.

Comment

• toolguy1000
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2009
            • westchester cnty, ny

FWIW, the herc-u-lift is priced aggressively. i've sold them for upwards of $70.
            there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

You are going to want to go and double check what those tools are fetching on the used market. With the exception of the Herc U Lift, you have priced everything nearly at list, or in some cases above list... Used in good condition typically fetches 50% of list...

Either that, or you are listing the stuff at these prices so your wife can't fuss when you tell her "but honey I DID try to sell the tools..."
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• BigguyZ
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2006
                • Minneapolis, MN
                • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

The edge sander is selling for $425 online? Not at any reputable etailers...

$200 is list in store, as was noted. And with that purchase they'd get the warranty (usually they aren't transferable- I don't know about Rigid's). And with the HF coupon, it's actually only $160....

Comment

• toolguy1000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • westchester cnty, ny

ridgid's lifetime service agreement (there is no lifetime warranty on hand held and stationary power tools) is available only to original owners. it si not transferable to successor owners.

this seller, however, is offerring a couple of gray, emerson electric built tools. these older tools do, i believe, carry a lifetime guaranty against manufacturing defects which attaches to the tool, regardless of ownership.
                  there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• sweensdv
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2002
                    • WI
                    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by toolguy1000
                    this seller, however, is offerring a couple of gray, emerson electric built tools. these older tools do, i believe, carry a lifetime guaranty against manufacturing defects which attaches to the tool, regardless of ownership.
                    That is true but although I'm not 100% sure I do think that there might be a "however" attached to that. Back when TTI first offered the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement they also allowed all the grey Emerson built tools to be grandfathered into the LLSA. Registration of those tools was required so I can't help but think that any grey Emerson built tool that was allowed to move into the LLSA Program also gave up the Lifetime Warranty coverage that Emerson offered. Consequently, those tools no longer quality for that Ridgid/Emerson warranty nor do they continue to be a part of the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement Program.

Comment

• woodturner
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2008
                      • Western Pennsylvania
                      • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

there is no lifetime warranty on hand held and stationary power tools)
                      The Ridgid lifetime service agreement actually DOES apply to both handheld and stationary power tools.

"WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT:
                      The Lifetime Service Agreement on RIDGIDŽ Hand Held Power Tools, Stationary Power Tools and Pneumatic Tools covers all worn parts in properly maintained tools, including normal wear items such as brushes, chucks, motors, switches, gears and even cordless batteries in your qualifying RIDGIDŽBrand hand held and stationary power tools; and replacement rings, driver blades and bumpers on RIDGIDŽ Brand pneumatic tools for the lifetime of the original owner. "
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• toolguy1000
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2009
                        • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by woodturner
                        The Ridgid lifetime service agreement actually DOES apply to both handheld and stationary power tools.

"WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT:
                        The Lifetime Service Agreement on RIDGIDŽ Hand Held Power Tools, Stationary Power Tools and Pneumatic Tools covers all worn parts in properly maintained tools, including normal wear items such as brushes, chucks, motors, switches, gears and even cordless batteries in your qualifying RIDGIDŽBrand hand held and stationary power tools; and replacement rings, driver blades and bumpers on RIDGIDŽ Brand pneumatic tools for the lifetime of the original owner. "
                        i'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make. i don't think i ever stated that ridgid's hand held and stationary power tools are not, for a tool's original owner, covered by the LSA.

Comment

• toolguy1000
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by sweensdv
                          That is true but although I'm not 100% sure I do think that there might be a "however" attached to that. Back when TTI first offered the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement they also allowed all the grey Emerson built tools to be grandfathered into the LLSA. Registration of those tools was required so I can't help but think that any grey Emerson built tool that was allowed to move into the LLSA Program also gave up the Lifetime Warranty coverage that Emerson offered. Consequently, those tools no longer quality for that Ridgid/Emerson warranty nor do they continue to be a part of the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement Program.
                          i'm not at all familiar with this. i do know, from personal experience, that whatever my gray tools have needed to replace defective/worm parts, ridgid has provided free of charge.

Comment

• woodturner
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2008
                            • Western Pennsylvania
                            • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

i'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make.
                            I responded to your statement "ridgid's lifetime service agreement (there is no lifetime warranty on hand held and stationary power tools) is available only to original owners." - I was just pointing out there IS a lifetime warranty on hand held and stationary power tools.

Maybe you meant something different or your post didn't convey your intended meaning? Or were you trying to say that the LSA is not a "warranty"?
                            --------------------------------------------------
                            Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• sandiego_tim
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Sep 2003
                              • San Diego, CA, USA.

Originally posted by dbhost
                              You are going to want to go and double check what those tools are fetching on the used market. With the exception of the Herc U Lift, you have priced everything nearly at list, or in some cases above list... Used in good condition typically fetches 50% of list...

Either that, or you are listing the stuff at these prices so your wife can't fuss when you tell her "but honey I DID try to sell the tools..."
                              As much as I wish I were trying to keep the tools, I just don't have the space for them in the foreseeable future.

Comment

Working...