New guy who joined, primarily to buy parts...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DookieTx1911
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2012
    • Northern Arizona
    • Ryobi BT3000

New guy who joined, primarily to buy parts...

Yes, I confess, I joined the site solely to buy parts for my "new" table saw. I didn't know anything about this site until an internet search for parts led me here. For that I beg your pardon.

Now that that is out of the way... I found a BT3000 at a garage sale for a really good deal. At least I thought it was a good deal until I got home and realized that I forgot to ask about the rip fence.
    Does anyone on here know where I can find a decent rip fence? I found one on Ebay, but it is priced over $100.
    I'll sell this thing for scrap before I spend that kind of money, unless somebody wants to pay shipping for a decent chassis with a good motor.
  • gsmittle
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • St. Louis, MO, USA.
    • BT 3100

First and foremost, welcome!

As for the rip fence, I'm sure somebody here can hook you up. Or you can watch Craigslist for someone parting out theirs.

g.
    Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
    Bill & Ted

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

i'd guess you could pick up a good used one with a little patience for around $25. One from a BT3100, BT3000 or a Sears 22811 or 21829 will fit.

Ah, I see you requested the BT3 FAQ... need your e-mail address to send it.
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-10-2012, 08:33 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Originally posted by gsmittle
        First and foremost, welcome!

As for the rip fence, I'm sure somebody here can hook you up. Or you can watch Craigslist for someone parting out theirs.

g.
        Or eBay. You could also try http://www.backpage.com/

Comment

• DookieTx1911
          Forum Newbie
          • Jul 2012
          • Northern Arizona
          • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          i'd guess you could pick up a good used one with a little patience for around $25. One from a BT3100, BT3000 or a Sears 22811 or 21829 will fit.

Ah, I see you requested the BT3 FAQ... need your e-mail address to send it.
          Yup! I totally "pooched" that one. I PM'd you with my email. Sorry.

I picked this saw up for $25, so I'm hoping that I don't "buy" another one just to get this thing up and running

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I am anxious to resurrect this saw and get to work. I'm also very anxious to pick some brains around here.

Comment

• chopnhack
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2006
            • Florida
            • Ryobi BT3100

I'd say you still got a very good deal at $25, grats and welcome.
            I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Dookie, you ought to go back to the garage sale guys house, I'll be the rip fence is somewhere in his garage, he probably had it loose and forgot about it.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• DookieTx1911
                Forum Newbie
                • Jul 2012
                • Northern Arizona
                • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                Dookie, you ought to go back to the garage sale guys house, I'll be the rip fence is somewhere in his garage, he probably had it loose and forgot about it.
                I got in touch with the guy and he was surprised that he didn't have the fence with the saw. He's busy at work and in the middle of moving, so I suspect it will be a while, before I hear back from him.

I can't help feeling like a huge jerk. I've been looking for a saw for a while and when I saw the price, my brains fell right out my rear-end.

Comment

Working...