• Show
Clear All
  • sblg43
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2009
    • Door County, WI
    • Ryobi BT3000 (1992)

WTB: Wide Table Kit

LOML has given her blessing for me to buy a Wide Table Kit for my BT3000. I logged into my account at BT3central with the intention of linking thru to Amazon and ordering the Wide Table Kit.

But as I stopped to browse around at new posts, I thought about asking here if anybody has a WTK to sell for a better price than Amazon.

I would also like the leg kit but both items might be over budget.

Let me know. Thanks ya'll!
  • JimD
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Lexington, SC.

I do not have anything to sell, just a suggestion. You might want to consider half rails, assuming those are offered. I put full rails on mine but it makes the saw very wide. I did not use much of the hardware that same with the wide rail kit anyway. There are better ways to join the rails than the hardware of the kit and also better ways to support the extension table. With half rails you might not need the extra legs.

Jim

Comment

• Eagan
      Established Member
      • Feb 2006
      • bloomington, IN
      • rigid r4512

bt3000

Not actually a help, but I'd part with my whole BT3000 setup for 250. All original equipment, wide table, vacumn (one hose) legs, stand, whatever else I got. The hinges on the outfeed table are bent; I haven't been using it. Don't want to ship this.

Comment

• pelligrini
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • Fort Worth, TX
        • Craftsman 21829

I'm not even sure if the WTK or the leg kit it is offered on Amazon anymore.

I don't have anything for sale, but I have both. It would be really easy to make a shop made set of legs. The leg kit isn't that great anyways. Komatoast sells a really nice rail connection kit on ebay. It's not exactly cheap, but it is much better than the OEM connectors. There are many different shop built methods to join the rails too. I prefer an insert. Follow the link from the front page to T-nuts.com the t-nuts he carries are much better than the stamped steel OEM ones.
        Erik

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

The leg kit is offered by Sears. Just search 22811, that is where I got mine. (I had been using shop built 2x4 legs but they kept twisting...)

Then you will need a set of rails (find a saw that is being parted out on Craigslist. I paid $10.00 for one a few years ago...).

You can either fabricate your own connectors, or if you are willing to pony up the bucks for the good stuff, get the connector kit from Komatoast69 on Ebay.

The least expensive way to do this probably would be to fabricate your own legs, find a parted out saw to get the rails, T nuts, and knobs from, and fabricate connectors out of a simply L extrusion of aluminum.... You'd likely have less than $50.00 in the whole deal then...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• sblg43
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2009
            • Door County, WI
            • Ryobi BT3000 (1992)

If the full length rails are too long, maybe I should be asking if anybody on bt3central has half rails for sale. Especially if they cut some full length rails in half, might the left-overs be available to sell?

I do work in a hardware store and my father-in-law is a metal fabricator, so I can find a good way to attach everything.

Thanks

Comment

• pelligrini
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • Fort Worth, TX
              • Craftsman 21829

Check the classifieds, I think there was a half rail set up recently. Not sure if these sold or not: http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=52504

You could always get the full rails, then cut them down if you think they're too long.
              Erik

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

If you have access to a family member or friend that can fab them up for you, I recommend getting the legs made as well. The Ryobi legs aren't bad per se, but they aren't as stout as I would have made them for sure....
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• gary
                  • May 2004
                  • Versailles, KY, USA.

I have a set of full length rails I'd part with but don't know what they are worth. I'm open to offers or suggestions of a fair price. They are an original set with the measure on them.
                  Gary

Comment

• sblg43
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Nov 2009
                    • Door County, WI
                    • Ryobi BT3000 (1992)

Sorry Gary. I would have made an offer but...

I went ahead and ordered the Wide Table Kit from Amazon. Ebay and Amazon had WTK for sale and they were both by the same seller. Prices were comparable so I decided to link to Amazon thru BT3central.

I also ordered t-nuts from T-nuts.com to make my own mounting hardware. But I can tell you that once I added up the cost of the material, I almost wish that I would have saved myself the work and just bought the hardware from komatoast69 on ebay for $50.

There was a BT3000 for sale on Craigslist back in January for only $50 but it would have cost me more than that to get there to pick it up
                    Last edited by sblg43; 03-11-2011, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...