• Show
Clear All
  • carlpeltier
    Handtools only
    • Nov 2010
    • Lemoore, Ca
    • BT3100

Sliding miter table, fence, and clamp

I just purchased a BT3100 from Craig's List and am looking for the Sliding Miter Table, Miter Fence, and adjusting clamp. Does anyone have one for sale or know a good place to start looking. I am in Lemoore, Ca.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Welcome to the BT3central forum!

watch here and eBay for parts.
    Basically the SMT and miter fence and I assume you mean miter fence hold down
    from any of the BT3000, BT3100, Sears 22811 or Sears 21829 will fit your saw.
    good luck
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-22-2010, 12:15 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• carlpeltier
      Handtools only
      • Nov 2010
      • Lemoore, Ca
      • BT3100

Is the SMT worth the investment? I saw that there were other options for a slotted miter attachment.

Comment

• Dutchman46
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2006
        • Holland Michigan
        • BT3000

My opinion is YES1 They work very well. It doesn't hurt to gauge out The degrees once, but I find mine is quite good. I love mine.

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

IF you are not use to it and if you are not good at tinkering and get one out of adjustment, you might not like it. There are people who don't like it and blame the SMT when basically it is a personal usage preference . . . or personal usage dislike. I used a miter gauge and have a very nice, strong and accurate Woodhaven. For the first year, I continued to use the miter gauge but little by little moved over to the SMT. Now I use the SMT for 90% of cross cuts and miter cuts.

As to adjustments, many people have no problems with the adjustments, but a few do have problems. Then there is the second problem of staying adjusted. I only have to adjust mine about once every 2 to 3 years. In between, I check alignment after any time I haven't used it for a few weeks or at the beginning and in the middle of a week long project. Mine stays dead on in adjustment the whole time.

A third aspect - it is not a cast iron slide. It was not meant for dropping or even dropping 2x4s across the top, or throwing into the back of a pickup truck. Treated with a little respect such as given a $250/$300 Biesemeyer fence on a Unisaw, it will work very well for most folks. There have been a few people that say that for any tool that they own, they will treat it any way they want. This kind of attitude does not work well for the SMT or BT3000/3100, . . or a Biesemeyer fence on a Unisaw.
          Last edited by leehljp; 11-28-2010, 06:55 PM.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• poolhound
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2006
            • Phoenix, AZ
            • BT3100

Originally posted by carlpeltier
            I just purchased a BT3100 from Craig's List and am looking for the Sliding Miter Table, Miter Fence, and adjusting clamp. Does anyone have one for sale or know a good place to start looking. I am in Lemoore, Ca.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
            Carl, I do have an SMT although not sure about the fence I will check. It is pretty easy to fashion a fence though.
            Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
            techzibits.com

Comment

Working...