• Show
Clear All
  • brubakes
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2009
    • Medina, OH
    • Sears 315.228110

WANTED BADLY: Fence Lock Part

I really need the small cylinder that the handle on the fence threads into. Mine failed and I have no way to lock the fence in place. Please PM me if you have one for sale! I'm dead in the water without it.
  • eezlock
    • Feb 2006
    • Charlotte,N.C.
    • BT3100

fence lock part

I am assuming that we are talking about the BT3xxx saw aren't we?
    If so, according to the Ryobi tablesaw manual on page #47 the piece is
    listed as part(key) # 19 an eccentric roller. Don't have any further info.
    as to cost or availability...sorry, hope this helps. eezlock

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

This Ryobi part can be ordered from M&D Mower... (cost $4.57 plus shipping)

Here is a direct link to its listing on their site.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

quite frankly an internal part like you request is not often available in a forum like this, Usually just the whole assy like the rip fence.

You'll be best off ordering the specific part from M&D Mower as described in the preceeding posts or one of the other Ryobi repair parts suppliers.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Black wallnut
          cycling to health
          • Jan 2003
          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
          • BT3k 1999

Originally posted by brubakes
          I really need the small cylinder that the handle on the fence threads into. Mine failed and I have no way to lock the fence in place. Please PM me if you have one for sale! I'm dead in the water without it.
          What do you mean yours failed? I can think of several other more likely reasons why your fence quit locking. In all the years I've been around this saw and the forums devoted to it I have never heard of the eccentric roller failing or wearing out.
          Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• eccentrictinkerer
            • Aug 2007
            • Minneapolis, MN
            • BT-3000, 21829

Originally posted by Black wallnut
            What do you mean yours failed? I can think of several other more likely reasons why your fence quit locking. In all the years I've been around this saw and the forums devoted to it I have never heard of the eccentric roller failing or wearing out.

I have one that failed. Evidently the former owner felt that tightening the handle A LOT would make the saw cut better.

Only one thread left in the eccentric roller when I got it. Fortumately, we have a parts dealer here in St. Paul that has a pretty good inventory of BT3 spares.
            You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
            of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

Working...