• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Looks like Craft-Inc. sells the blades and arbor for $35 a piece.
    Craft Inc. truly is the provider of quality self-fastening and non self-fastening hardware in the marketplace today.

McMaster-Carr has some blades that might work:
    McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Woodcraft has a couple cheaper products: http://www.woodcraft.com/Catalog/Pro...px?prodid=7855
    Last edited by pelligrini; 04-05-2010, 12:12 PM.
    Erik

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by phi1l
      I haven't seen one of these either, but from the pics., I wouldn't expect 0.023 to work if 0.035 is specified. The hinge is essentially held in by friction, so kerf width is critical I would expect that teh hinge wouldn't be able to squeeze into a 0.023" kerf
      the hinges are barbed (and probably sprung a bit) but I would would agree with Phi1l that I expect width to be very critical in retention force - too little width and the back may split or not be able to get the hinge in at all. too much width and it won't stay in.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• GregW
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2006

I don't know if these blades would work but the price is a lot better at $2.95..

Grizzly G9469 HSS Slitting Saws - 2-1/2" x 1/32" x 7/8" 28T

G9469 2-1/2" 28T HSS Slitting Saw A HSS saw for your milling machine. The G9469 2-1/2" 28T HSS Slitting Saw mounts on an arbor for making slots on a milling machine. The 2-1/2" diameter blade is 1/32" thick, features 28 teeth, and has a 7/8" standard bore. These saws are hollow ground to minimize friction and improve accuracy. HSS (high-speed steel) has been heat treated for hardness and wear resistance, which keeps a sharp edge longer than other carbon steels. The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. SPECIFICATIONS Material: High-speed steel Size: 2-1/2" diameter x 1/32" thickness Arbor: 7/8" Tooth count: 28T

Grizzly slitting saw arbor $8.95
        A very versatile tool that helps adapt your slitting saws to a variety of machines. 1/2" shank fits all standard chucks and collets. Will take slitting saws with 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 7/8", and 1" arbor holes.

Comment

• agent511
          Established Member
          • Jun 2005
          • Philadelphia
          • TS3650

Dremel complication:

The blade does not attach to a mandrel. It ONLY attaches to the 'minisaw attachment', which is another $22 at Amazon. Still cheaper than the matching saw/arbor.
          darksider

Comment

• agent511
            Established Member
            • Jun 2005
            • Philadelphia
            • TS3650

The grizzly's are essentially the same saw blade, at a fair and proper price $7.95. It is a darn shame that they are 2 1/2" diameter which may be a little too big to use with the hinges.

It just goes to show how much extra unearned profit there is in the $40 blade, unless there is something special about it that we are missing.

At least the Grizzly arbor looks like it may work, and $8.95 is a lot cheaper than $40. Another example of rip-off pricing.
            Last edited by agent511; 04-05-2010, 01:17 PM.
            darksider

Comment

• agent511
              Established Member
              • Jun 2005
              • Philadelphia
              • TS3650

Pelligrini

I just re-read your post. I did not see the second and third references before. I tried the McMaster reference - and they look FANTASTIC. I bet they would easily work, and they have every size imaginable.

They, and the Grizzly's, look like they are more designed for metal than wood - the craft blade only has 12 very aggressive looking teeth. Still for the money, either is worth a try.
              Last edited by agent511; 04-05-2010, 01:21 PM.
              darksider

Comment

• pelligrini
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2007
                • Fort Worth, TX
                • Craftsman 21829

You're welcome.

You probably don't want to go the dremel route, especially with a dremel tool. I've got that saw blade attachement. It's not easy to control, and it can burn wood quickly too. I don't use it very much.
                Erik

Comment

Working...