This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Butch Cassidy

Ryobi 10" TS

This is posted for a Friend of mine, whose Brother passed away after a long battle. most of it has never been out of the box, All of it has been in his Brothers garage just sitting for 4 or 5 years. Hopefully it might find a good home with a woodworker that can use it Thanks

hBT-3000 Saw set up ready to go with slide table

Accessories Still in box:

4730300 Wide Table Kit (1)

406030 Long Miter/Rip Fence ( 1)

4730310 Quick Fold Extension Table (1)

4730320 Air Floatation Vacuum Clamp system (1)

IDV 28 Ryobi 28 gal Dry Vac

PM me and I can get you together or here is my c 972-742-5977

He wants $ 450.00
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

if he bought the "system" all at the same time, they're much older than 4-5 yrs. More like 14-16 yrs. The BT3000 was sold around 1993-2001, the wide table and outfeed table were sold early on but harder to find thru the late 1990s but the vac/flotation table and especially the vacuum were not sold widely for long after introduction so it dates from the early half of 1990s. Actually the vac/flot table were sold special order but they were rarely seen in the wild. The Ryobi vacuum IIRC was special because it has a separate cooling fan that allows it to be used closed ended to keep a vacuum on the vac/flotation table. Most shop vacs use the airflow from the vac to cool the motor and would overheat when used for vacuum table use for long periods. Only the expensive Fein vacs also use a separate fan, as far as I know.

As it says the flotation table was a panel designed to fit in the wide table rails as an extended saw surface. The top had perforations and the body has an air inlet and some adjustable chambers to pull a vaccum or pressure on all or parts of the top. If you pulled a vacuum you could essentially clamp a board or other flat item to the table with suction for sanding or other work. If you changed the vac to an air pump by switching the hose to the exhaust port, you could float a panel of large sheet goodls (like an air hockey table) and make it real easy to handle large sheets of plywood or MDF.

These are some of the items that made the Ryobi a really interesting saw, to me even though I never owned them.

The BT3 FAQ has one picture in it and that's of the whole BT3 system including those items. I'll post it here tonight.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 12-03-2009, 08:25 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Mr__Bill
      Veteran Member
      • May 2007
      • Tacoma, WA
      • BT3000

My take was, the tools were unused for 4 or 5 years, not that they were only 4 or 5 years old. If you Google the phone number you will find that he is located in Texas and presumably so are the tools. On my map Texas is only 1.5" wide so all you guys in Texas should be close enough to him, where ever he is there, to check this deal out.

Bill
      whogotuptooearlythismorningandthinksheissodammedcl ever

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

Looks to be in the north Dallas area.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• natausch
          Established Member
          • Aug 2009
          • Aurora, IL
          • BT3000 - 15A

Even if you purchase just for the Wide kit, vac table, shop vac and outfeed I think it's a fair price for some rare additions to an existing BT3K owner.

Comment

• Butch Cassidy

!0" ts

I know it is older than the 4 yrs, He had MS or something like that, I have known the brother for the last 7 years and this guy has been sick for longer than that and could not do anything with all his tools. It is located over by White Rock lake area. They are concerned about giving address, since she is alone. If someone is truly interested, His Brother and myself can meet you and go to the house to look at it. Must be serious and I believe price is right, so there will be no haggling on price, unless it is not what we say it is. Hope you understand.

I posted this over at WN ( I am a long time member over there as well as SMC, a member said post it here. Hope everyone understands, she is just a little concerned about who shows up at house.

There will be a bunch of other stuff, He has 2 bandsaws and I cannot tell you all that they are selling. You can call my cell it is Butch Spears 972-742-5977
            I live Corinth TX, All my tools are PM and MINI Max, so I have all I can afford Thanks

Comment

• peel
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2006
              • Saint Louis, MO
              • BT3000

Just wanted to see what the status of this sale was. I'd be really interested in a few of the items if she was willing to part any of it out.

Thanks,

-peel

Comment

Working...