• Show
Clear All
  • hilux
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006
    • .OZ

Need New Motor

Hi,
    Can anybody post some links to suppliers of BT3100 motors. I have let the magic smoke out of mine so i am looking to see if its cheaper to by another table saw or import a new or secondhand motor from the States.
    Thanks
    Denis
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

Our motors are 110-volt, is that gonna be a problem?

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

The motors for the BT3 series are custom - there's no standard universal motors unlike induction motors.

You'll have to
      1. Buy one from an authroized Ryobi replacments dealer - Around $190
      2. Buy one from Sears which sells them as replacement parts for their Ryobi-made BT3 variants 22811 and 21829
      3. Buy one from someone who is "parting out" their BT3000/3100/22811 or 21829, e.g. selling off the parts for their saw. because the parts sold individually are often worth more than a whole used saw. Unofrtnately, one of the main reasons saws get parted out is motor failure, so they tend to be a bit harder to come by. Used motors go for around $50 I think.
      4. Its been suggested that you take it to a electrical motor shop and see if they can rebuild it... tell them its a 15A motor. Might cost about $100 but you get new bearings, new wiring, new brushes; only the shell and arbor is retained.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• hilux
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2006
        • .OZ

Thanks cgallery and LCHIEN, the fact that we run on 240 volts slipped my mind. Since my first post i have discovered that maybe the motor is not burnt out after all, One of the brushes has completely worn away so hopfully a new set of brushes may bring the saw back to life. Over the last 4 years that i have owned it i have it set up just right, thanks to all the info gained on this forum and i would hate to have to start again with an other saw. Spare parts are imposable to get in Australia, even the Australian Ryobi web site has no information on spare parts. I have looked at a few USA suppliers for brushes but they only post localy or Canada. Any links to some one that will post internationally?
        Thanks for the help

Comment

• IWannabe
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2006
          • MD

Not mine: http://cgi.ebay.com/Ryobi-Sears-Craf...:B:SRCH:US:101

Comment

Working...