• Show
Clear All
  • steve-norrell
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • The Great Land - Alaska
    • BT3100-1

2 1/2 Stuff for Free

I just installed a Jet 650 DC as a replacement for a ShopVac system.

I have a eclectic collection of 2 1/2 rigid clear tubes, flexible tubes and fittings for anyone who can come and pick it up. Save me a trip to the land fill.

PM me if interested. Regards, Steve
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

Why not keep a shop vac system for when you're using sanders and other tools that work better w/ a shop vac?

BTW, aren't you our only Alaskan member?

Comment

• os1kne
      • Jan 2003
      • Atlanta, GA
      • BT3100

I just cleaned/reorganized my garage and I'm planning to put in some shop-vac connections near my miter bench, workbench and DP - so it would come in handy. Picking it up would be a challenge.
      Bill

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

I am also pulling out my 2.5" hard line. The vac / Thien rig are going under the TS wing and the work bench immediately behind that will have no problem being serviced by the standard vac hose.

I have enough here though, I am planning on selling it. Cheaply, but selling it none the less...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2005
          • Independence, MO, USA.
          • bt3100

Besides the excellent above the bench uses mentions (miter saw, access point for a sander), one other suggestion, is to use it to have a few access points for your car vacuuming.
          She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• steve-norrell
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2006
            • The Great Land - Alaska
            • BT3100-1

I have a Fein vac that I use with the sander, jig saw, router, DP, etc. Its the model that you plug the tool into and that turns on automatically when the tool turns on. It also as a very long, very flexible hose.

And, os1kne, I have driven the highway from the west coast and it takes about six days from Montana. Thats if the weather is good, and I wouldn't count on that this time of year.

Cgallery, I believe that there are at least two other members who are lucky enough to live up here; at least I have noticed their posts from time to time.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. Regards, Steve

Comment

Working...