• Show
Clear All
  • richclemson
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2009
    • Madison, WI
    • BT3000

rebuild a blown motor

Anyone ever tried to rebuild a blown motor? Anyone have a 15 amp blown motor from a 3100 or a 3000 they want to get rid of? I think it would be an insightful project....
  • Fastnhappy
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2009

I have the blown motor. I'll send it to you if you pay shipping... I figure it would probably be about $40 to ship... It's a 3100 with low mileage. I'm already giving away other parts of the saw, so this would only be the motor itself.

Let me know if you're interested.

Comment

• Tom Slick
      Veteran Member
      • May 2005
      • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
      • sears BT3 clone

Good Luck. Rewinding coils and rebuilding commutators is not easy. If it is just bearings and brushes it'll be easy.
      Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

I just ended up with a similar project tonight. I landed a deal on a very early BT3000 for $10.00 with a bad motor. Unfortunately the stand and accessory table are missing, but everything else, including the cast metal handwheel are there...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...