• Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

BT3100 parts and accessories

Having recently completed the mobile and router table extension for my BT3100 I was rather paranoid about having the motor go out on me (Murphy's law). I therefore just picked up a hardly used BT3100 so I could get a spare motor. Its a really nice saw and it seems a shame to part it out but thats what I am doing.

So other than the motor everything is available. It also came with a variety of BT accessories most are still in the original packing, including:

Router kit
    Dado plate
    Wheels
    Dual miter slot table
    Dust bag
    Miter hold down clamp

All the usual BT parts are available i.e.

SMT and accessory tables
    Fence
    Switch
    Rails - If two people would like half rails I will cut them down
    Guard and riving knife

If you would like any of these items or smaller parts PM or email me
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

How much for the miter slot table shipped to 77573?

How's the miter fence? I could use a new one...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

Originally posted by dbhost
      How much for the miter slot table shipped to 77573?

How's the miter fence? I could use a new one...
      Miter slot table is still in a sealed box. The miter fence looks hardly used in fact the whole saw does, it has a few scuff marks and a corner of one of the plastic ends is chipped off. The guy who sold it to me said he only used it maybe 3 or 4 times (dont they all ) but with this one I think he is telling the truth.

I will try and get a shipping estimate and PM you
      Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• jeepjohn
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2009
        • Magnolia, TX
        • Bought a BT3100 and looking to put some nice projects together

Poolhound -
        I would be interested in the rails... How much and what would shipping be to 77380? Do you have the mounting hardware for the rails to make extensions with my rails? Any information is greatly appreciated.
        Thanks -
        - John

Comment

• poolhound
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2006
          • Phoenix, AZ
          • BT3100

Originally posted by jeepjohn
          Poolhound -
          I would be interested in the rails... How much and what would shipping be to 77380? Do you have the mounting hardware for the rails to make extensions with my rails? Any information is greatly appreciated.
          Thanks -
          - John
          John, the going rate for a set of rails seems to be $40. I dont have any mounting hardware.

Depending on what you are planning to do may require slightly different solutions. If you are also building an extension table then bolting the rails to the new table is the best option. Folks here have used a variety of solutions either home grown from the HW store or purchased. There are a number of threads that discuss this. Here is an example.

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread...light=rail+kit

Shipping is approx $18-$20 based on past experience to TX.

Let me know, thanks.
          Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Jeepjohn,

If it's cheaper, have your stuff shipped my way, or the other way around. LOML and I are up around that area in Spring Creek quite often with TX4wd...

And I can show you how to build connectors for the rail sets... No biggie. Do you have extra knobs and T nuts?
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• poolhound
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2006
              • Phoenix, AZ
              • BT3100

Originally posted by dbhost
              Jeepjohn,

If it's cheaper, have your stuff shipped my way, or the other way around. LOML and I are up around that area in Spring Creek quite often with TX4wd...

And I can show you how to build connectors for the rail sets... No biggie. Do you have extra knobs and T nuts?
              Good point DB. If you both want stuff and are close to each other I could easily pack everything together and ship in one box that should work out a lot cheaper than doing it individually and you can then simply share the shipping costs.

Let me know, thanks
              Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Magnolia is on the North side of Houston metro area, League City is on the south... I have a lot of friends up on the north side from jobs years ago, and several club organizations I am active in...

Comment

• jeepjohn
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Mar 2009
                  • Magnolia, TX

DB -
                  That sounds great!... I have been really busy as of late with a new baby boy as of a couple a weeks ago. Time isn't on my side at the moment, so I am not worried about how long it takes to get from your hands to mine if you need your stuff pretty quickly. I have a lifted 1995 Jeep Wrangler myself and have been known to do a little 4 wheelin' here and there. It is now a secondary vehicle that I am getting ready to sell as it is not family friendly.

Poolhound -
                  Thanks for the thread information about the rails. I just aquired a Bosch Gravity-rise stand and I plan on mounting my BT3100 on the stand with the rails out to the right. I am trying save some space since in my garage by being able to collapse the stand and store the saw on its side to create a smaller footprint. Pelligrini has a setup like this but with a Craftsman 21829 and I like it... my suface area will not be that big though. Do you think I should handle this differently? I really like your setup but I don't have the space for a footprint that large and I figure when I am able to something like that, I could always use the Bosch stand for another bench tool that I might need to be mobile with the smaller storage footprint.

Comment

• poolhound
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2006
                    • Phoenix, AZ
                    • BT3100

DB -
                    That sounds great!... I have been really busy as of late with a new baby boy as of a couple a weeks ago. Time isn't on my side at the moment, so I am not worried about how long it takes to get from your hands to mine if you need your stuff pretty quickly. I have a lifted 1995 Jeep Wrangler myself and have been known to do a little 4 wheelin' here and there. It is now a secondary vehicle that I am getting ready to sell as it is not family friendly.

Poolhound -
                    Thanks for the thread information about the rails. I just aquired a Bosch Gravity-rise stand and I plan on mounting my BT3100 on the stand with the rails out to the right. I am trying save some space since in my garage by being able to collapse the stand and store the saw on its side to create a smaller footprint. Pelligrini has a setup like this but with a Craftsman 21829 and I like it... my suface area will not be that big though. Do you think I should handle this differently? I really like your setup but I don't have the space for a footprint that large and I figure when I am able to something like that, I could always use the Bosch stand for another bench tool that I might need to be mobile with the smaller storage footprint.
                    John, You dont need to use the full rails unless you need that rip capacity. many folks (me included) find an extra half rail is more than enough. you could either get the full rails and then cut them down or I could do it and just give you half. I could always use the other half or I am sure there is somebody else who could use a half set.
                    Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• jeepjohn
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Mar 2009
                      • Magnolia, TX

Poolhound -
                      The half rail deal sounds fine to me... I just thought you needed another taker before you would cut them to half length. Is the half length the same setup you have on your saw now?

Comment

• poolhound
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2006
                        • Phoenix, AZ
                        • BT3100

Poolhound -
                        The half rail deal sounds fine to me... I just thought you needed another taker before you would cut them to half length. Is the half length the same setup you have on your saw now?
                        Yes the half length is what I have on my setup and with the fence set in the zero position I get ~40" rip capacity which is more than enough for me. I have no problem cutting them. I have an idea that I could use the other half for but I am sure there are other folks here that could also use a half set.

If DB wants the other bits and you decide to ship to a a single location thats fine with me - just let me know and I will work out how to pack and ship for the least cost.
                        Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• dbhost
                          Slow and steady
                          • Apr 2008
                          • League City, Texas
                          • Ryobi BT3100

DB -

Poolhound -
                          John,

Keep your Jeep if finances permit! I've got a friend with a 1999 TJ on 35s with a Detroit locker out back that his girls (5 and 8) just LOVE to go riding with daddy in...

Honestly, part of the reason I went with pickups isn't because I am all that crazy about the IFS 4wd for sure, but LOML and I have been trying for a baby... Between that home projects, and the fact I can't afford a Jeep, AND a pickup.... Well you get the idea...

Time not withstanding, That mobile base that Poolhound built, at least to my eyes solves a LOT of storage problems in the shop. I am assuming you are trying to shove a workshop into a garage that does something silly like store cars... I will look around and shoot you a great article about a good use for half rails...

Comment

• jeepjohn
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Mar 2009
                            • Magnolia, TX

DB -
                            Keep your Jeep if finances permit! I've got a friend with a 1999 TJ on 35s with a Detroit locker out back that his girls (5 and 8) just LOVE to go riding with daddy in...
                            Mine is a 1995 Wrangler, of which I am the original owner, with about 8" of total lift on 35's. I have a lockright up front on a HD dana30 3/4-ton unit with a 1.5-ton ford8.8 auburn locker out of an Excursion out back. Disc brakes all around and a healthy and upgraded 4.0L engine. I love it very much but the LOML is wanting me to choose between that and my project '56 VW ragtop beetle.

Time not withstanding, That mobile base that Poolhound built, at least to my eyes solves a LOT of storage problems in the shop. I am assuming you are trying to shove a workshop into a garage that does something silly like store cars... I will look around and shoot you a great article about a good use for half rails...
                            As per the above information, the garage has to store my wife's vehicle and my VW project... so the storage footprint of the saw being smaller with the collapsible stand is a huge bonus. Maybe when things start getting more organized with the VW I could build a setup like poolhound and use the stand for another bench tool.

Poolhound -
                            Yes the half length is what I have on my setup and with the fence set in the zero position I get ~40" rip capacity which is more than enough for me. I have no problem cutting them. I have an idea that I could use the other half for but I am sure there are other folks here that could also use a half set.

If DB wants the other bits and you decide to ship to a a single location thats fine with me - just let me know and I will work out how to pack and ship for the least cost.
                            As long as DB agrees to it I'm good with the half rails being shipped to him. Just let me know what you want for the half rails and what shipping is for the whole package to one location and DB and I will figure out the rest.
                            Thanks -
                            - John

Comment

• dbhost
                              Slow and steady
                              • Apr 2008
                              • League City, Texas
                              • Ryobi BT3100

Poolhound,

PM me with totals...

Jeepjohn,

Sending you a PM...

Comment

Working...