• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dindallas
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2004
    • Dallas, Tx.

Need Blade Wrenches for BT3000

Does anyone have the wrenches for the blade for sale? Do you know where I can buy these?

504 969244-003 LARGE WRENCH................... 1
    505 969244-004 SMALL WRENCH ................... 1
  • compgodjds
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2006

I just use regular wrenches. I don't remember what size they are but I hated using the ones that came with the saw. My .02 cents.

Comment

• shoottx
      Veteran Member
      • May 2008
      • Plano, Texas
      • BT3000

Originally posted by dindallas
      Does anyone have the wrenches for the blade for sale? Do you know where I can buy these?

504 969244-003 LARGE WRENCH................... 1
      505 969244-004 SMALL WRENCH ................... 1
      If some one does not come up with them here or on ebay check these two sources

Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

the wrenches are 1/2 and 3/4"
        1/2" works the riving knife nuts, the 3/4" works the arbor nut.
        Both wrenches supplied also have a notched end that locks the arbor and to me is the most important feature of these two wrenches. So in my book you only need one OEM wrench to lock the arbor and get by with standard 3/4 and 1/2 inch box end wrenches.
        The notched arbor end is 3/4" wide, .145" thick and 1.25" outside which has to fit as well as the inside.

That said M&D mower should have them.
        The easiest way to get them online to me is to go to www.sears.com and go to the parts section. Then enter 315.228110 as the product number (The original sears 22811 is the BT3000 clone) then follow the parts explosions to the main saw and get the wrenches on order - i think they are around $5 each, plus shipping.
        You can also go to the 315.218290 saw (the latest clone model) and order the same wrenches but for some reason last time i checked they were twice as much.
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 10-22-2021, 02:08 AM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jziegler
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2005
          • Salem, NJ, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3100

The only thing that you need one that came with the saw for is to hold the arbor still. Either of the originals will do for that. For the blade nut and the guard nuts, a standard wrench will work just fine. I also think that a few members have files down a standard wrench for the arbor as well. So, if you can get either one of the two, you will be set.

Jim

Comment

• eccentrictinkerer
            • Aug 2007
            • Minneapolis, MN
            • BT-3000, 21829

Send me a PM and I'll mail you a set.

Merry Christmas!

J.D.
            You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
            of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

• dindallas
              Forum Newbie
              • Feb 2004
              • Dallas, Tx.

Thanks for the help

The reason I would like to have the original wrenches is to change blades. Regular wrenches will work elsewhere. I have had enough skinned knuckles.

Thanks for all of the replys.

Comment

• fastfoodkills
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2008
                • Saugus, CA
                • BT3000 bought in Y2K; Replaced w/ Steel City cast iron 3 HP

Home Depot Can get Ryobi Parts

This may work for you as it has for me in the past. I just bring saw p/n's with me to the Home Depot Contractor's Desk and they can order the parts for you. Yesterday I had to order replacement plastic components for the miter fence and rip fence. No shipping charges and their pricing is usually a little better than gardner's. The penalty is usually lead time - usually takes about 1.5 to 2 weeks. Sometimes they'll get lazy and try to give you an 800 number or website to order from - just say no thanks and have them submit the order in their system, pre-pay it and save the receipts.

Comment

• tjr
                  Established Member
                  • Oct 2008
                  • at the falls of the Ohio
                  • BT3000 (1 3/4 of them)

Ordering from Sears

If you have a Sears Parts and Repair Center in your town, there's a couple advantages to ordering at the store rather than by phone or web:

1. No shipping charges to ship to the store and no minimum order.
                  2. Parts that are shown as unavailable on the Sears parts web site are at least sometimes available via the store's computer system.

One disadvantage: The lowest price for any part seems to be $2.16.

Comment

• Crapsman315
                    Handtools only
                    • Jun 2017
                    • San Diego, Ca
                    • Craftsman 315-228150

I know this in an ancient thread, but I was searching for the small wrench and saw it was about $17 shipped at most places. This shop in Vista, CA, says they sell them for $4 for small, about $6 for large. S&H is $5.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Crapsman315
                      I know this in an ancient thread, but I was searching for the small wrench and saw it was about $17 shipped at most places. This shop in Vista, CA, says they sell them for $4 for small, about $6 for large. S&H is $5.
                      http://www.repairtoolparts.com/searc...key=969244-004
                      That's good to know.
                      Like mentioned before you only need one of the original thin wrenches (either) to lock the arbor. A visit to a pawn shop can get you onesies of almost any size for $1-2 each. You need 3/4" for the arbor nut and 1/2" for the splitter nuts. Best to get offset box-end (closed end) wrenches for the nuts.
                      I use pawn shop wrenches to put a tool specific wrench on my various bench tools if I use it frequently.
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...