• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Wanted: Old Hand Tools

I am trying to put together a grab bag of old tools that my dad can forge into tools for his blacksmith shop. I am looking for old broken hammers, crescent wrenches and older larger screw drivers to turn into punches. I've been watching CL and checking some yard sales but not finding much.

If you have anything I might be interested in. PM me.

thanks
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

You might hit a junk yard. Years ago, my grandfather used to make his own punches from axles, back then it was models T & A, but the principle is still the same (grind them down).
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

I have it covered now. A bit after I posted this my brother called. A fireman buddy of his is clearing out his dad's tools and offered my brother whatever he wanted. This was after I'd been looking for a month and didn't find anything.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
        You might hit a junk yard. Years ago, my grandfather used to make his own punches from axles, back then it was models T & A, but the principle is still the same (grind them down).
        I had to laugh at the models T & A part... I always wondered why old Henry did it that way... Now that I see it in print it makes sense!
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...