• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlos
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Woodcraft pen drilling vise

Woodcraft pen vise for sale. This is a decent but not great vise. We're selling it because we upgraded. It's still in good condition and works like it always did. $25 including shipping in the US. Paypal or check would be fine.
  • Carlos
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

So you got the Rockler, yes???

Comment

• Carlos
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Yup, it's simpler but more solid. I'm not the pen maker in the family, so I can't tell you much more than that. But I hear less cursing from the pen-making side of the shop, so it must be good.

Comment

• final_t
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003

You can improve that one a bit by taking it apart and shimming the bottom of the center piece with slippery tape (clear packing tape works) so that it doesn't have anywhere to "flex" to. Also consider sticking sandpaper on the grove faces to keep the blank from slipping. Made a big difference for me.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
            The Full Monte
            • May 2007
            • Sunshine State
            • BT3000

Originally posted by final_t
            You can improve that one a bit by taking it apart and shimming the bottom of the center piece with slippery tape (clear packing tape works) so that it doesn't have anywhere to "flex" to. Also consider sticking sandpaper on the grove faces to keep the blank from slipping. Made a big difference for me.
            It's just a shame that one has to "finish" a tool like this to make it work right. I never liked the look of the WC unit, so I built my own vise, instead.

Comment

• just started
              • Mar 2008
              • suburban Philly

PM sent just now.

Comment

Working...