• Show
Clear All
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Looking for a Ridgid Shop Vac Part

I need to replace a lost part on my Ridgid Shop Vac. I need the round disk part that fits onto the bottom of the filter. I have the nut, but I am missing the base/disk thing.

I've checked HD and the web. I can find filters, the cage and the nut. It looks like the filters are almost universal, so I would assume the disc would be, too. I have the infamous Black Friday 12 gallon model. I only paid $20 for it, but I would like to keep using it.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. OR if you have a dead vac and don't need your disk, I promise to be your best friend...
    Joe
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

make one from a disk of 1/2" plywood or MDF, use some weatherstripping to seal to the bottom of the cartridge.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-19-2008, 12:08 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Tom Slick
      Veteran Member
      • May 2005
      • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
      • sears BT3 clone

try sears, craftsman and ridgid vacs have many interchangeable parts.
      Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• justaguy
        Established Member
        • Jun 2006
        • Chesapeake VA

Go to HD and check the filters. Last time I bought a HEPA filter I could swear it came with a bottom plate.

Comment

• Tom Slick
          Veteran Member
          • May 2005
          • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
          • sears BT3 clone

Originally posted by justaguy
          Go to HD and check the filters. Last time I bought a HEPA filter I could swear it came with a bottom plate.

good point! The gore-tex hepa filter I bought from HD has an integral end cap.
          Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• cgallery
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2004
            • Milwaukee, WI
            • BT3K

And I think Sears sells separate caps in the vac department that should fit.

Comment

• jmt19
              Forum Newbie
              • Nov 2004

Ridgid 12 gal Shop Vac part

I have the same Vac and the filter assy does not include the bottom plate.I also have the 16 gal Vac and the filter and parts are interchangeable.This is the link to the Ridgid parts site for this vac.

http://ridgidparts.com/cgi-bin/etcTa...ure1&image=Vac

Comment

Working...