• Show
Clear All
  • gabedad
    Established Member
    • May 2005
    • Chelmsford, MA.
    • unfortunately bts-15

Originally posted by ragswl4
    Well said. Furthermore anyone who thinks they can get a professional, digital, slr camera with two lenses for $485 hasn't lived on the planet long enough. If you don't want the camera don't buy it but the seller has a right to put it up for sale for whatever price he can get for it.
    But isn't that the whole point. This is a woodworking forum. It he were calling a table saw a cabinet saw - the people of this forum would be all over him or her because they know better and are familiar with the equipment.

That camera is not a Pro digital SLR and the fine woodworkers of this forum may not know that they CANNOT get a "professional digital SLR with two lenses for $485". This may not be their Forte' - Even with living on the planet for a long time. To add to that, many of the more senior members may not be as technologically in tune with today's camera's and may think that this IS a professional camera.

As I said, I am not trying to stop the seller from selling his camera - I wish him well and that he get's above his price. But if I were to list my piece o' crap BTS 15 as a fine woodworking tool - I'd certainly be corrected.

Comment

• Sam Conder
      Woodworker Once More
      • Dec 2002
      • Midway, KY
      • Delta 36-725T2

Move on people. He's got a camera for sale. Some publications have stated that it is of a quality suitable for professional use. It does not currently meet the specifications that the typical professional uses but it is still a quality item.

No one was trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. They were just advertising an item they wish to sell.
      Sam Conder
      BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • York, PA, USA.

I thought the purpose of this forum section was to sell woodworking related material. Am I wrong? Baseball cards? Cameras?

Comment

• Sam Conder
          Woodworker Once More
          • Dec 2002
          • Midway, KY
          • Delta 36-725T2

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
          I thought the purpose of this forum section was to sell woodworking related material. Am I wrong? Baseball cards? Cameras?
          It is not stated in the forum rules that it is only for woodworking related items. However, I think individuals would have better luck selling cameras on camera forums and baseball cards on baseball card forums.
          Sam Conder
          BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...