• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daveman38
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2004
    • Mo.

Nintendo Wii $300.00

I Have a brand new Nintendo wii for sale. They are bringing about $350.00 on ebay. Comes complete with sports games and nunchuck controller. SOLD
    Last edited by Daveman38; 06-24-2007, 06:10 PM.
  • PittTrack
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2006

Am I the only one who was looking for the SPAM flag as per this is a WW forum, post it on your Craigslist.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

No you weren't the only one, as I was trying to figure out how this was woodworking.

Normally he posts on Craigslist or Ebay. I am a little shocked this was posted here.

Edit, it is on Ebay, please remove it from here.
      Last edited by LinuxRandal; 06-14-2007, 02:31 PM.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• LarryG
        The Full Monte
        • May 2004
        • Off The Back
        • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

I'm not a moderator, so this is just one ordinary member's opinion, but consider:

1. The section guidelines say this is where individual forum members can post items for sale. They don't stipulate that these have to be woodworking-related, although perhaps that was the intent.

2. The poster has been a member for nearly three years. He's obviously not a frequent poster, but it's not like he joined just to post this, the way the spammers do.

3. Looking at the bigger picture, this single post seems pretty insignificant when you look at all the off-topic stuff in Coffee Pot and consider that there are some members who post almost exclusively in there (I realize that OT stuff is the whole intent of that section).
        Larry

Comment

• Hellrazor
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2003
          • Abyss, PA
          • Ridgid R4512

A few observations:

1. Cordless drills and zawsaws aren't exactly wood working tools either..
          2. There have been computers and printers listed here already..

Whats the big deal? So what if someone offers something in here before they try ebay,etc. Things around here are mellow, its not woodnet.

And whats the big deal with people shooting the breeze, throwing some jokes around in the Coffee pot?

"This forum is for any topic that you would normally talk about at the office "around the coffee pot". Jokes, tall tales, and true stories are welcome as long as they are clean and in good taste. I only ask that you steer away from topics on religion or politics. Go ahead and pull up a chair and pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the conversation."

Most of my posts are in tools, coffee pot and home improvement. Does that make me less of a contributor? My take on this is simple: If i don't like or care about the topic of the conversation, I ignore it and move along.
          Last edited by Hellrazor; 06-14-2007, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Tequila
            • Aug 2004
            • King of Prussia, PA, USA.

I don't see a problem with this posting either. He even put it in the right category, Member Classifieds, instead of Deal Discussion.

Daveman, you may want to edit your post though to remove your phone number. Posting it online is a good way to make sure that you get a lot more marketing calls.
            -Joe

Comment

• LarryG
              The Full Monte
              • May 2004
              • Off The Back
              • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Originally posted by Hellrazor
              And whats the big deal with people shooting the breeze, throwing some jokes around in the Coffee pot?
              Not a thing, Mike -- that's exactly my point. Why single out this one post, and this one member, when there's an entire section devoted to non-woodworking topics, and members who make the overwhelming majority of their posts there?
              Larry

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

it's OK, seems pretty harmless to me, he's been a member for a while.

I'd like to think he posted here instead of eBay or CL because the clientelle is better quality - less likely to get a bogus bid or bad check.
                Last edited by LCHIEN; 06-14-2007, 07:45 PM.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• goslin23
                  Established Member
                  • Feb 2007
                  • Richmond, TX
                  • Rigid TS3650

Have you tried to find a Wii in a store? I got lucky and found one and have been enjoying playing Super Paper Mario and Wii Sports. If I were selling something, I'd rather try here 1st as the members on this forum are the reason I'm here.
                  If it ain't one thing... It's 12 @#$%ing things!

Comment

Working...