• Show
Clear All
  • cork58
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Wasilla, AK, USA.
    • BT3000

Router

OK you guys you got me through the band saw. Now its time to buy a router and router bench. I will be using it for various projects from cabnets to scroll sawing. Again the price is for a hobbist and not pro work. But I always buy the most for the buck. I am not cheap but not a tool nut either. I couldn't afford the Rikron band saw by the time it got to Alaska ($1200.00) so bought the Craftsman 224010 on sale this weekend. Assembly was the pits as was noted in the posts. They should really do something about that! I was able to talk to a guy in Montana and he set me right to skip a few steps and get it right the first time. Would not have been a big deal but talking to someone who has done it right is a big help. Thanks Tom.

By the way I still need the parts for the BT3000 that always wears out. The part that raises the blade up and down. I had it rebuilt at a machine shop but they just made it worse. I love my Bt3000 and wish it would'nt bind raiseing and lowering the blade. I have adjusted the shims but it was damaged a long time ago and the long screw just does not align anymore. Any help woul be appreciated.

Corks
    Cork,

Dare to dream and dare to fail.
  • jackellis
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

I have the M12V mounted on my BT and I like it. Also bought a Bosch 1617 that I haven't yet unpacked but lots of folks have good things to say about them and you can buy a refurb for a pretty decent price.

Comment

• cork58
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • Wasilla, AK, USA.
      • BT3000

Bosch

I love Bosch tools. I'll look right now.

Thanks, Corks
      Cork,

Dare to dream and dare to fail.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by cork58
        I love Bosch tools. I'll look right now.

Thanks, Corks
        The Bosch 1617EVS/EVSPK is such a fine router...

you can buy cheap routers for $50 but you can get this lexus of routers for $200 - still a multiple over the cheaps ones but still affordable, none the less.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • York, PA, USA.

You should post these types of posts under the Getting Started and Tool Talk section. This section is for people selling personal items and probably doesnt get the traffic that the other sections get.

Having said that I have a few routers. DeWalt DW618 series is good and I have enjoyed it, the Triton 3.25 HP is great though plunge only, and of course I have a couple Bosch 1617. The Bosch is my go to most of the time. Mainly because I have had them longer and am more accustomed to using the controls etc. All three are great.

I am hearing a lot of good things about these new enteries from Craftsman.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes

and if you want fixed base and plunge base :

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes

Comment

Working...