X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MBG
    • Apr 2003
    • Chicago, Illinois.
    • Craftsman 21829

Interesting post - sounds like my house. My furnace still has a pilot light.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Jim Frye
      Not only do I remember dial up modems, I still have the old 56 kb/s one we used when we first got a computer that could attach to the internet. Why? it's in a box along with other computer memorabilia I have saved to confound my kids when I'm gone. There's some 8", 5", and 3 1/2" diskettes. 80 and 96 column punch cards, Magnetic data cards, and the old IBM Portable Terminal (aka "the Brick") that customer support folks carried. I also have two THINK signs, one of which is in braille.
      For some reason I just read this.
      I have one of those THINK signs from IBM my dad gave me, and Rod Kirby had one prominently displayed in his shop. So you are in "good company",

They are going for big money on eBay. This is exactly the one I have and Rod had.

Click image for larger version  Name:	THink sign.JPG Views:	37 Size:	8.6 KB ID:	841150
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-21-2021, 07:44 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

I'm sure glad I wrote this down as a discussion thread. Finally going to change the upstairs thermostat... any day now. I was trying to remember how I did it. All documented right here!
        I've been pretty pleased with the Nest Thermostat I installed last year downstairs.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...